Best upgrade EVER

Mine cleared customs today scheduled for Friday delivery…

Update tracked it again it’s in Dallas ! 5 hours away let’s see how long it actually takes to get to me !

1-17-18

Update! It’s arrived 2 days early!

:joy:

2 Likes

Sweet ! Well not that you failed miserably , but sweet that your gonna do yours soon, hopefully mine gets here soon!

1 Like

Mine showed up today (a day early). Ended up pulling the trigger yesterday on the Hitachi M12vc, CNCrouterparts mount for it and the Musclechuck setup. @RohanSingh can you share a pic when you have your Hitachi setup?

Sure thing. Should be doing it tonight.

1 Like

Installed!

3 Likes

That wasn’t so bad !

1 Like

Part way through mounting mine, I noticed that with the router attached, the axis slides all the way to the bottom. That is to say, when unpowered, it doesn’t hold its position.

That’s not right, is it?

Perhaps related, found this piece on the floor next to the package:

Can’t figure out anywhere it might go, other than perhaps here:

Anyone else remember from installing theirs?

I have experienced the same but with ACME rod, direct drive home-built Z. Sign of low friction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

Got things put together and found that I’d trimmed my Z motor wires like a lot of folks have. Was looking around for wire but figured I’d just upgrade all the motors. Found some on Amazon and they’re arriving tonight :smile:

Joe also confirmed for me that the bearing I found sits on top of the screw, so all good there.

1 Like

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, does this allow you to increase your Z travel speed or should I be keeping this at 100?

$132=100.000 (z max travel, mm)

1 Like

Max travel will change.
Your max rate and accel can change as well.

I think a 2000 max rate and 300 accel should be plenty fine.

Just curious, how did you guys remove the press fit pulley that comes on the stepper (on the newer x-carves at least)? I tried clamping the pulley and hammering the shaft but didn’t have any luck.

I ended up dremel cutting a vertical band to weaken it, then taking 2 clamping pliers and ripped it apart… not the best way, but it worked.

I also had to shorten the shaft on the stepper about 1/4" so it wouldn’t hit the acme rod.

1 Like

Dremmel and cut off wheel , then I used the sanding drum to shorten the shaft a bit and , grind a flat spot in the shaft for better set screw attachment .

1 Like

Delete

Well anyone getting this linear Z upgrade from CN4CNEWBIES need to check all the set screws in the entire thing, just had the linear rail on one side come loose during a carve and fall down ruining a 6 hour 3d carve and ruin the entire piece my bad for not checking all this before using it, but check the set screws there not tight at all on mine…

1 Like

OOOHH. Please post some pix if your 3d carves.

I used loctite blue on mine. I got lucky and only had 1 screw fall out and 2 more were about too

Well honestly if it had come in pieces and instructions I would have put it togeather correctly , but since it was assembled and there was nothing stating that screws were not torqued or loctited I assumed it was good to go. Don’t get me wrong I love it so far excellent craftsmanship for the price.

1 Like