Best upgrade EVER

GRBL max rate is mm/min

2000 mm/min = 78.74016 inches/min

So yea, for rapids, I stand by my recommendation.

For plunging, stick to 60 ipm at most.

2 Likes

I use 3000mm/min on mine, similar Z-linear (and 500 for acceleration)
But I use a Nema23 270oz @ 3A with 24V PSU.

$112=3000
$122=500

3 Likes

All of them were loose , none have loctite… the set screws that hold the rails in place cane completely out.

Maybe so … I unscrewed all of mine with minimal pressure using the long side of the Allen wrench, I like to use the short end of the wrench and torque em way down.

1 Like

Here it is notice the arc that happened during the cutout when the rail fell throwing the x axis off. It was just a test on pine used a really small bit is why it took so long…

1 Like

Can you tell me more about your setup?

Size xcarve, belts, motors?

Can you post all your grbl settings? I have the same motors and z. I’m running a 1000x1000 sized machine

Here we go. Upgraded to 179oz on the Z axis and 269oz on the rest, so it took a bit longer. Really happy with it now though:

2 Likes

Mine weren’t properly tapped :frowning: They were custom holes and were supposed to be tapped, but weren’t.

After i get off fire training ill show pics of myn all holes were connections need to go are smooth no threads

Myn came with no threads in any of the holes to mount…

Talk about the Friday batch… mine were all tapped just nothing was tight.

well he emailed me to offer a 15$ pay pal credit and to tap it myself…but that doesnt help me with the threads i dont have any exp doing that or where to get it done at doesnt help me with a machine tore apart with orders to do

it would be my first time doing it not sure where to begin or how to or what to buy and i would really hate to mess this up because they forgot

Oh wow, I’m extremely impressed by cnc4newbiez. They saw my post in this thread and just emailed me offering a partial refund. I didn’t even contact them and probably wouldn’t have, they are just offering to make it right :exploding_head:

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Tonsiki-Adjustable-T-Handle-Reversible-Threading/dp/B01M2X7P0M/ref=pd_sim_328_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M2X7P0M&pd_rd_r=25NNRPXW1R8VFYBM6FDS&pd_rd_w=4gstD&pd_rd_wg=DSC1y&psc=1&refRID=25NNRPXW1R8VFYBM6FDS

would this work?

Yes it will, I plan on putting mine together tomorrow and using my tap set. Practice on some scrap, it’s pretty easy. Maybe use some WD-40 as well.

ok thanks

thanks for advice

I just installed my cnc4newbiez, Z+ is going down and Z- is going up. I’ve got my self confused, not that hard to do these days. Shouldn’t Z+ be going up and Z- be going down? I switch my switches to ON - OFF - ON - OFF per @JustinBusby comment.