Best way to flatten wasteboard?

Any pics?

I could post pics but they won’t show anything. It looks perfect until you measure it with a dial indicator

Ward- How are you holding down your new wasteboard to the stock one?

I’m using masking tape and CA glue. Flawless so far, but only about 3 weeks into it.

Thanks Ward. Will give this a try.

Just be sure to cover both surfaces with tape in their entirety. Suface are is key.

Has anyone used phenolic?

I bought one of these and love it for surfacing wasteboard and even knocking a layer of spraypaint off a carve. Makes it easy and saves a lot of time. Also kind of fun to watch run!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071748JQN/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used small brass screws (to not damage cutterheads) to fasten a 1/4 inch piece of MDF to my inventables wasteboard and surface that on occasion. That way I don’t worry if I chew into it on projects and no big deal to redo it all once a year. (I have heard people say that thin MDF is hard to come by in some parts of the world.)

Plenty of plans in the project section to help drill holes into it for the clampdowns before screwing it down.

Screenshot of video I took of the bit I linked above taking off a single layer of spraypaint. It was hypnotic to watch live! (And saved me a ton of sanding.)

1 Like