Big trouble with the y axis limit switch

hi i just started with easel and starting to put my machine details in im now into the wiring section where it asks you to move
y
x
z
i pushed the y button and it hit the limit switch and now none of the YXZ will move im am very new to this cnc work but im not very computer programing
many thanks in advancd
bryan

The way the switch works is it is positioned so it can be hit and then has to move forward to open again. I’d try moving the bolt/spacer away from where you have it near the end plate. Moving it .5 inch or so should do the trick if this is the problem. I had to do this on mine on one axis.switch

thank you very much martin i shall give it a go :

I also should mention the homing" pull off setting". This is $27. And you can go into the settings and change them if you need to.

1 Like

I would like to add that you can cause the machine to hit a limit switch using the jogging commands, and if this activates the limit switch, GRBL will likely alarm as it would then be stuck on the hard limit. You can simply turn the controller off, manually move the machine away from any activated limit switch, turn the controller back on, and then perform the machine homing sequence.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

thank you very much yes moving once switched off
i then went to the green carve button went to jog the machine to home work point it jogged a few mm then stopped no way of starting unless i go through the procedure again and again around 10 times and jogged a mm then stopped i cannot see an alarm or anything would you hazard a guess thank you bryan

thank you i did sort the item out but when i started again
i then went to the green carve button went to jog the machine to home work point it jogged a few mm then stopped no way of starting unless i go through the procedure again and again around 10 times and jogged a mm then stopped i cannot see an alarm or anything would you hazard a guess thank you bryan
[/quote]

thank you

Are you attempting to home the machine manually? Are you unlocking the machine prior to moving it manually?

Can you post your GRBL settings?

Go to the Machine Inspector, type $$ into the Console TextBox, and press Enter. Copy the settings that are returned and post them here?

{:0)

Brandon Parker