Bit and Accessory Holder

Posting in Projects also… but I feel this is an upgrade, please remove if needed.

Walnut Bit and Accessory holder that fits on top of the X-Controller
Designed on Vectric Aspire, ran on easel using G-code.

5.125" x 10.125" x .93" thick.
G-code is 4 files due to it not allowing bit change. First 3 G-code use 1/4" upcut, Last G-code uses 1/8" spiral. Please check before using.

Tray complete.crv3d (320 KB)

tray 1.tap (1.2 KB)
tray 2.tap (55.0 KB)
tray 3.tap (76.6 KB)
tray 4.tap (1.1 KB)

3 Likes

Very very smart !!!

The only thing that usually sits on top of my X-Controller is whatever I am holding in my hands at that moment (screwdriver; measuring tape; beer mug…) but this is a super idea…

Well thought out!

1 Like

Looks nice, but how do you twist the E-stop with it on there?

1 Like

I would imagine the tray would lift off easy enough if needed…

Valid point… I do have to lift it up to reset the e-stop. I would suggest making the tray 5/8"-3/4" thick, but I was too lazy to plane the wood down any more since it was already planed and flat. That being said… I can count the number of times I’ve had to use an e-stop over the last 2 years on one hand…

1 Like

Yeah probably not a big deal for most, but I use my e-stop religiously due to years and years of machining habit where powering the machines down at the end of the day always included the e-stop.

Really like how your tray turned out though!

1 Like

Another option might be to forgo the wood around the e-stop all together…

1 Like

That was my initial plan/design. Just to cut that corner out. I chose aesthetics and integration over function in this case it may seem. But like I said, I just lift it to reset it and rarely use it anyways… thanks guys!!

1 Like