Bit for drilling lots of 1" holes?

I have been using one all year… 55" a minute at 1/4" cut per pass. zips through my pockets in seconds.

Are you using that on an XCarve?
What spindle/router?

Yes on an x-carve with a Makita router I don’t know the speed exactly it has speeds settings up yo 6 and I have it set on 4.5. It cuts very easily and clears the holes nicely

1 Like

I drilled 1,296 1/2 holes using a forstner bit. They do come in 1" size.

I cut several boards with letters that must be removed. The easiest way that I have found it to use a down cut, 1/8 inch bit. Cut to the inside of the 1" dia. circle. Set the vacuum to low and allow the material to stay in the gap. This material will keep the part centered. Now, my 1/8" down cut bit can only cut about 3/4" deep and I have only done this with MDF board. When I use Plywood and a 1/4" downcut the vacuum removes almost all of the material, so I have to use tabs. But it might be worth testing if you are so inclined.

I have a laser cutter that can cut all that easily! ::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

I would get a standard 1/2" diameter router bit 1/4" shank. create a pocket operation Turn your spindle or router up to its highest setting. set your IPM to 40 to 50 and your plunge speed to 15 to 20 and then get out of the way of the flying chips.

1 Like

How thick of material can your laser cut and are you in the USA

I’m in Oakland, CA - and I can cut in a single pass up to 1/2" thick but with two passes 1"

Would you mind contacting me in a PM I may have some side work for you if you are interested.

Hello, I’m sorry to bother you, but was hoping you could help me out with the project? I recently ordered CNC machine X car pro drill 1800 staggered space holes in a 26 mm diameter and sheets of XTC three-quarter inch I was using the 1/16 inch spiral Flutebit set the shape to be 0.924 and got the diameter to be 26 mm problem I’m having is my DXF file and SVG file are all made in 1.026 inches to equal 26 mm select each individually and change the shade settings the calibrate for the bit I’m using I was curious if you knew an easier way? Or if you knew of a different fit? I do have a great 8 inch 26 mm roster and I can convert everything to a drill hole which would save time but unfortunately I don’t have the collet without ordering it special I was wondering if you had any suggestions?
You so much it is much appreciated

PVC I meant I wish I knew more about making my own files. I have been using Blockware but unfortunately they do not do full scale 48“ x 96“ and they also do not have staggered spaces to convert to SVG or DXF.

I’m having a similar issue only my holes are 26 mm 1800 dagger face but I do know for a 1 inch diameter hole. There is a drill setting basically you can convert all of your circles to drillbits through the app instead of using one of the x carb bits You can buy a 1 inch routing bit from your local hardware store and added it into the toolbox 1 inches of common routing bit in the app, there is a setting to convert all circles to drill settings, and the app actually called refer to drill points, I believe