Bolts & Screws

I would like to submit a request for your Bolts & Screws page . . . . .

Long story short . . . I got my x-Carve 3 weeks ago. . . . and have yet to complete the build . . . . TOTALLY on me . . .

First I built my stand table . . . which . . . while I know better . . . I had a box store cut my sheets to size . . . . . . . . evidently a square is a concept to them . . . . . but I digress . . .

Next . . . . I have a beautiful little 4 year old helper . . . . who . . . . while I LOVE her helping . . . . slowed progress . . and. . . . . well shall we say . . . she took some of the bubble wrap and a couple of the wonderfully labeled zip bags . . . . . . . which i thought were empty . . . . . into the yard . . . . . . . never to be found again . . . . . thus my spoil board screws are . . . . . now probably some nesting aids for the local birds . . . . . . .

Next . . . . I went on vacation . . . . . for a week . . . . . . . . had my computer so continued to design . . . but . . . . Freaking out to get back to build . . . . .

Discovered my lost screws were missing last Sunday as I returned to finish . . . . I ordered some replacements earlier this week . . . . . . they arrived today . . . . .

Unfortunately . . . I was looking at the wrong column . … . and ordered M3 instead of M5 . . . . . . . .

And thus this post . . . . . .

The Sort order of the page is by Part Number . . . . which makes perfect sense . . . . . except . . . if you are ordering . . . .

You have M5 . . . then . . . . M3 . . . . then M5 again . . . . . . which is where . . . when I found the M5s . . . my eyes next went to the lengths . . . . . which . . . had me ordering M3 . . . . . . . .

My Suggestion . . . . . at the top . . . . if possible . . . . put a radio button for M3 or M5 to filter . . . . and thus only have one size . . . .

I have reordered and hopefully next week I will be able to finish and GET CARVING!!! . . . . I am the only one to blame for my miss order . . . . as I did not verify . . . . but wanted to offer this suggestion . . . . and to be a lesson learned for anyone else who is ordering . . . . . VERIFY . . . . or it may be another week like me before you can get going . . . . HA!

1 Like

If you’re in the USA, Lowe’s and Home depot carry the M5’s needed if you don’t want to wait on delivery. They keep them in the specialty draws where the nuts and bolts are.

Las Vegas here. My closest Lowes doesn’t sell metric button head screws and the closest Home Depot sells them but most of there bins were empty. Home Depot and Lowes are not hardware stores. They are Home improvement stores. You will have much better luck at a hardware store like Ace or True Value.

Hi @NOWKitsWoodworking,

I’m sorry about the confusion ordering the screws! If you haven’t already, go to https://inventables.desk.com/ and click the buttons to email or call support and they will get you sorted out.

For what it’s worth, you can change the sorting on product pages by clicking the “Thread size” header.

NO WORRIES at all . . . . totally on me for mot paying closer attention . . . and replacements have been ordered and hopefully shipping soon!

As for the sort . . . . yes . . . I think that is where my initial mistake happened . . . . . I did do a sort . . . . then a secondary sort on length . . . . . thinking sometimes if you sort one . . . it sometimes keeps it in the same initial sort order with the second . . . . . as . . . .

M3 - 8mm
M3 - 15mm
M3 - 10mm
M5 - 10mm
M5 - 8mm
M5 - 15mm

to . . . .

M3 - 8mm
M5 - 8mm
M3 - 10mm
M5 - 10mm
M3 - 15mm
M5 - 15mm

But it seemed to resort the lengths back to Product ID . . . . . no biggies . . . .

Personal preference would be a radio button at top that would filter between M3 and M5 . . . .thus when sorting by length . . . it would only have one option . . . .

M3 radio…M5 radio
8mm…8mm
10mm…10mm
15mm…15mm

I know . . . not a big deal or a priority and most would not care or may even notice. . . . just a feature request . . . . i’m a computer geek so just something that crossed my ideas . . . . .and wanted to pass it along . . .

That . . . and i am twiddling my thumbs till the new screws arrive . . . so trying to feel productive . . . .:wink: