Box with a slopped top

is there a way of making a box with a slopped top? I want to add some gauges to my C02 laser and I would like the top to have a slope to it

Thanks Adrian

That’s not very easy in Easel unless you use the gradient feature.

That said, I suggest that you take a board, prop up one side with some support material and clamp the whole setup down. Next, go through with some leveling passes to make the tipped board flat on top. Once done, the board will have a flat bottom and a sloped top.

1 Like

yes I think you are right from what I have looked into, I did want to use the box app but I just dont see it working… I will have to look into using Fushion 360 I think

1 Like

Another thing you could do would be to do it in 3 pieces. You could cut two triangle sides and a rectangle top. When you glue the rectangle on top of the triangles you will get a very precise slope. This should be fine for laser work.

1 Like

yes I was thinking that also, somtimes its easy to get to looked into an idea and just lose the plot as I hve done tody lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.