Boy Scout \ Cub Scout projects - help needed

Hi @Mike19. Sorry it taken a year to respond. Yes, I can export the file to a SVG format from XCarve. James

hiā€¦ new here, and this is likely my only post.

i shall use it to tell a brief story:

I own a CNC and a tiny woodworking shop. itā€™s all about hobby here, iā€™ve never sold a thing.

Sunday past i was approached by a member of a wood working group asking for help making awards for cub scouts. their ā€˜plannedā€™ award maker bailed out on them, and their secondary had two broken machines. they were desperate to get these things done.

i turned out eight of them in less than 24 hours, and they are very pleased with the results, and sent images of the ceremony which just happenedā€¦

I was sent a message:

Blockquote
Drew -

Here are a few pics of the plaques and the scouts with them. When Ed called me Saturday afternoon, and I sent out the last-ditch effort email to the group, I wasnā€™t entirely sure I would even get a response, let alone someone willing to take on the task and get them done in 24 hours! You made the ceremony tonight, seriously. Without your kindness, effort, material donation and the time you put into getting these plaques done, it simply wouldnā€™t have been the same. Everyone commented on how nice they were and was extremely grateful, then impressed after Ed told the story of how they came to beā€¦ I canā€™t thank you enough for stepping up and getting these done, simply incredible. If more folks were like you, the world would be a much better place!

If I can ever do anything for you, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out. Iā€™d love to set up some shop meets as a larger group, or at the very least, come down and check out your shop/cnc when I had a bit more time to actually look around and BS, it was a nice space. If youā€™re ever up this way, Iā€™d love to have you swing by and check out my setup. Hopefully we can get a few more folks interested in the idea of a shop crawl! Your shop would be a good starting place, we could also check out the bar in the backā€¦ LOL

Blockquote

now here is ā€œthe rest of the storyā€ :

the machine does what the machine doesā€¦ the talent is in the design. i have vCarve Pro and use it regularly, butā€¦ Iā€™m just not that good with it.

without this thread, which i found after giving up on using an image they provided, it wouldnā€™t have happened. So, for everyone here (still?) that were a part of this thread prior to my finding it, ā€œhereā€™s to youā€, an d i thank you profusely.

have a great evening, yā€™allā€¦ or morningā€¦ or afternoonā€¦ whichever it is for youā€¦ know a beer is tipped in your names. Thanks, Truly.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums and with a post like that i think you should jump in here any time. Looks to me like you did an exacellant job with the time frame you had. I hope ypu get some young kids interested and can help keep the spirit alive with the xcarve. GREAT WORK.

1 Like

Tremendous story. Well done!

(from an Eagle Scout)

Well it only took me two years to post the SVG files. Donā€™t count on me for timely post. @Mike19 I am sorry if this took so long. If it is too late to help you. Maybe the file can help someone else.

James1st Pace Regatta Base 2016  11 x 3 x 0.75 Bear and Webelos Trophy Top 3.5 x 11 x 0.3 Darth Nugget Patch Patrol Regatta 2016 Tiger n Wolf Trophy Tops 3.5 x 11 x 0.3 Right Post 1st Place Regatta 2016 497 Lettering Top Post 1st Place Regatta 2016 Lettering

My Son Arrow of Light Plaque

Here is a picture of my sonā€™s arrow of light plaque and the SVG file. Enjoy.

James

James Arrow of Light

2 Likes

Here is a simple one I did for a friendā€™s sonā€¦just simple v-carving with a graphic I found on the internet and text. Sealā€¦paintā€¦sandā€¦then seal.

2 Likes

These plaques look great. Well done

As it seems like a Scout share thread now, one I made to commemorate a project for the son of a friend who built and monitored kestral houses.

3 Likes

Do you have the file for that aol board I love it and would like to use it for my pack