Build a circuit that uses ATMega48 PDIP-style chip and an ATTiny26

I’m trying to build a circuit that uses an ATMega48 PDIP-style chip and an ATTiny26(datasheet). I’m stuck on loading code onto the ATMega48 using an Arduino Uno.

I’ve been following these instructions. I got all the way to step 4 when I got this error:
>avrdude -P COM3 -b 19200 -c avrisp -p m48 -n

[...]

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e920a
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA48 is 1E 92 05
         Double-check chip, or use -F to override this check.

[...]

I did the easy thing and added the -F option, and everything seemed to work out. Then I added the hexfile (following the format specified in the guide) and got this:

>avrdude -P COM3 -b 19200 -c avrisp -p m328p -u -U flash:
w:"[...]\build2681525234531849420.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex":i -F

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.07s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e920a
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
avrdude: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed

To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "[...]\build2681525234531849420.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (1084 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 1.34s

avrdude: 1084 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against [...]\build2681525234531849420.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file [...]\build2681525234531849420.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:
avrdude: input file [...]\build2681525234531849420.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex contains 1084 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.98s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0002
         0x61 != 0x01
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude done.  Thank you.

How do I go about fixing this?

For the record, I’m using the “minimal” configuration specified here:

Arduino → Mega48

10 → 1

11 → 17

12 → 18

13 → 19

Is this related to Invenables, or CnC?

Does it matter what the question relates to?

I’m only guessing, but it is likely a sure bet that @Docdreemin does his own PCBs (as do many users who read the forum). and his question is directed at those who may do their own PCBs and know a bit about coding…

where is it stated that forum questions must relate to Inventables or their products or CNC in general?

I thought it my have some relevance to add some context to his question, so yes.

To some extent, it does matter.

Inventables provides this forum to allow the people who have Inventables equipment or software a venue for discussing their products and services.

The forum is a courtesy to their customers. It costs them money to provide this service and with some latitude they would most likely prefer traffic that relates to their business.

1 Like

my bet,
like me he has >1 fora open at any one time,
they all sort of look alike,
and he posted into the wrong one.

easy enough to do and I would be disappointed if anyone was offended by an accidental peek into the awesome skills, additional to x-carve expertise, our forum brothers and sisters possess.

FTR, never used AVRDude, so can’t help you, but glad to know there are people who play with this stuff here: some day I hope to start embedding Raspberry Pis into things I carve and when I do I will be seeking you out…

1 Like

it does beg the question a bit, if you will indulge me saying so:

as a member of the community here I would like to share side projects or activities not directly related to x-carve, but there is no obvious place to put that stuff on here.
for instance, I recently published a science fiction book on amazon, and would love to make people here aware I did that, but I have not done so as the lack of appropriate container for that discussion makes me think that would be unwelcome.

thoughts on this? Am I wrong?

I had put forward the idea of an “Off topic - General Discussion” category. Wasn’t well received.

A would have to agree, subjects about Arduino, published books, and Mopar that have no relation to Inventables or CnC should be considered Off Topic. When reading the OP I was confused because I had assumed it was someone’s CnC project they needed help with.

I notice a lack of follow up from @Docdreemin .who joined only a day ago.

Should I happen to be one of those, PMs are always welcomed.

At the risk of disclosing a super-secret of the forums, how many have seen The Lounge?

It is an automatic private area that is reserved for a forum member that has a high level of participation on the forum. You can become a member or lose membership based on your usage of the forum.

All I know.

Access Denied.
there’s a surprise.

You’re not missing anything.

It’s pretty dead. I revived a post that was almost 300 days stale, just because.

I used to use avrdude years ago.
There is a board where you can get loads of help.
Avrfreaks
just search it and you will find it.
I have been on there from time to time and those guys know their stuff.
good luck

2 Likes

dear sir, thank you for sharing it, I am finding the pdf of ATMega48. I found ATMega48 on Jotrin Electronics Limited. To be honest, their price is ok, but I want to visit more online shop for choosing electronic components. Therefore, can you recommend some good shops for me? Thanks in advance.