Calibrating my X-carve 1000

The calibrations for accuracy are basically zeroing in on the steps per mm for the axes. Your machine has to be mechanically adjusted first, which you have done. It’s just a ratio of two numbers. What you want/ what you get. You multiply that by the number in the $100 and $101 for the x and y axis. For instance if you want x to go 10mm and it goes only 9mm, then 10 / 9=1.111 and you’d multiply that by the number you now have set for $100. It requires an accurate measuring device and you may have to do it a few times to zero into the most accurate setting.

To view your settings in GRBL, you’d enter $$ in the console line. In Easel, you’d go to machine/advanced/machine inspector. You will see the console line box.

I don’t use easel, but UGS does the same thing. You just enter $$ in the command line and a window with all the GRBL settings comes up. Then to change one (as an example the x axis steps per mm) you type $100= " whatever number you need" and hit enter.

I’d write down what you have now so you can always go back if things go haywire.

2 Likes