Caliper recommendation

@TheoRetos, You’re going to be using these calipers for measuring material you will be using on your CNC??? Go to your local Home Improvement store…spend 30 bucks on a decent product.

I got the 4" couldn’t be happier.

I bought a caliper from Harbor Freight.
About a year later it would loose measurement displaying the wrong value.
So I almost scrapped it.
After careful consideration I started to disassemble it then found what the problem was.
If you look at top side you will see 2 holes. These have screws in them.
They adjust the tension. If you carefully adjust them to be snug then the caliper will work again.
I believe they push the parts even for the tiny lines that are inside when it reads. Locktite will help but use a tiny amount and only the blue stuff. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s why I’m asking for recommendations. The calipers at the hardware stores are all in plastic packages so I can’t test them to see if they have the same on/off issue.

I know I said this earlier, but get a dial caliper. They’re always on and never run out of battery.

1 Like

I’m totally down to do that! Any brand suggestions? I didn’t see one posted above from you or @NeilFerreri1 . :slight_smile:

I’ve never had an issue with these:
Anytime Tools Dial Caliper 6" / 150mm DUAL Reading Scale METRIC SAE Standard INCH MM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B5XJW7I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Im9zAb1N6HEJ8

1 Like