Can't Connect. X Controller Not Working? [Solved]

If the solution isn’t on here, I’d give Robosavvy a call, they’re more than just resellers.
They were very helpful with me.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help my friend @AdamBeech
I’ll get in touch with Robosavvy.
Best Regards.

For what it’s worth, to anyone out there having connection issues between any windows machines and the x controller, there are two things I’ve found in my experience that have helped. First, the bulkhead usb connector on the controller board itself does not maintain connection well on its own. I’ve bypassed this connection and plugged directly into the control board and this solved my initial issue. Secondly, on both my windows 7 and windows 10 machines I had to turn off a setting having to do with the ubs port turning off or “sleeping”. I’m not sure if this truly has much to do with with any connectivity issues but since I turned mine on always I’ve never had another connection issue other that the bulkhead connector the plugs into the controller board. Hope this helps anyone that has any issues, cheers!

This was super helpful. Im having same problem with usb recognizing the device on windows 10.

Thank you for taking time to post pics, etc.

Ill look at my non-running machine tonight and report back if i have the same uncut board problem. Thanks again!!

1 Like

No problem. They said it wasn’t the first time it had happened. Good luck getting it sorted.

Okay, finally got it sorted out last night. My board was fine, by now, i guess they have that board not the right size problem worked out.

What was blocking the usb connection was the big red stop button. I guess i didn’t have it connected properly. It was wired right, but somehow the clip holding the red button to the frame, was not oriented properly and BLOCKED the USB connection. Instructions mention something like this, but since the button seemed locked in place and oriented properly … i thought it was fine, but it was blocking… Makes sense since the red button is a kill switch.

Removed red button and the USB connection to computer worked right away. Just FYI, if having problems, try removing that red button temporarily.

xcarve_nobutton

2 Likes

A bit off topic maybe but hopefully this will help others.
In the process on setting up a new 1000mm XCarve last night and could not get my Win7 laptop to detect the XController. Tried the latest Easel driver and also FTDI driver without success. The controller shows up in device manager as USB Port (COM20), but Easel would not proceed with machine setup.
In frustration I decided to try it quickly on my Mac computer and it was detected instantly.
I had been loading Easel through Internet Explorer, so I decided to try Google Chrome browser. Success. Everything working properly now on Win7.
Not sure why Internet Explorer would not allow Easel to connect but at least it is working now.

10 bucks says its comes down to some difference in js engine between i.e. And chrome. Easel, if you look at local, is a node js app, node js runs on chrome browser engine v8 … Node wraps the chrome JavaScript engine v8. Use chrome always and u should be fine. I’m not sure of course, that’s just one possibility.

Also, I didn’t realize the red button comes compressed, I didn’t know that it would expand a bit more. Twisting and pulling the red button out all the way fixed it.

I love you!!!

Direct connection of the usb worked!!!

I’m back in business, baby!!!

Not a problem, glad I could help!