Can't understand

I can’t for the life of me get the x carriage to slide onto the makerslide rail. The v wheels aren’t too tight, I can turn them with one finger, so why won’t it slide on? And I have read where everyone says that all of the v wheels should only be able to be turned with two fingers but I can’t get mine any tighter and can still turn them with one finger. Please put me out of my misery and tell me what stupid thing that I am overlooking to get this to do what it is supposed to do.

Not sure how to correctly explain it but the v-wheels have an offset axle that determines the adjustment on the rails

Vwheel tightness only applies one it’s on the rail.

Watch the actual wheel moving up and down. You need to move the wheels to the most bottom physical position with the eccentric spacer so it can slide on the rail.

This video used to be in the instructions. I don’t know why it was removed.

1 Like

It is the wording of that spacer that gets me. It wants you to put it as far away from the v wheel as possible, what is as far as possible? The small round indent in the side of the spacer?

When you first put it on where is it located exactly? The spacer that is.

The position will vary.

Use the indent as a guide.

Watch the wheel when you turn the spacer. You’ll see the wheel move up and down. You want the wheel to be as far down as possible.

Then, once you have it there, look at where the indent is. I think, but I’m not sure, the indent is marking the side of the spacer that is the closest to the bolt (so when it is all the way down, the wheel is all the way down.

Ok I think I get it. Thank you both very much.

eccentric spacer 25195-01

Notice that the eccentric spacer hole is not in the center.

as you turn the spacer this will cause the attached wheel to offset according to position.

set the position at the greatest distance from center away from the rail and install carriage onto rail.

turn spacer until you feel the wheel tighten against the rail. once it is so tight that you can just barely turn it with one finger and thumb then it is set. tighten the lock not to keep it in place.

Ok, thank you.