Carvey vs. X-carve

So I just got a used carvey a week ago and I love it. It took me less than 4 minutes to start carving with no experience. I love the machine soo much that I am interested in purchasing another inventables cnc machine. Unfortunately, inventables does not make a 1000mm Carvey. What I like most is the easel software and how easy it is to use. Looking at x-carve but it has pretty poor resolution AND requires complicated assembly plus is not fully enclosed. Is there a way to turn a 1000mm x-carve into a super 1000mm carvey?

Resolution of x-carve is 0.13 mm vs carvey 0.003mm. Thats 100 times better. 0.13 mm sounds terrible?

Why does inventables not offer these as assembled units? With carvey i was up and running in 4 minutes.

Sorry, I missed the metric vs imperial change. Not much difference between 0.003" vs 0.005."

How long does it take to assemble X-carve? Are there any key upgrades?

Why do soo many people sell their X carve? It seems like they are being constantly bought and sold.

Why do people sell anything? Could be a number of reasons.

Is there a more advanced machine that integrates seamlessly with a software like easel or vcarve/aspire? Something that can handle 4-6 hours a day? It doesn’t like Xcarve can handle the abuse.

http://www.cncrouterparts.com/index.php

Does it work with easel or vcarve? I like the ability to use SVG files

Depends on what you are cutting. During peak order season my X-Carve is running on average 30-40 hours a week. Granted, that’s not for more than a few weeks at a time. The rest of the year, it’s usually one to two weekends a month where I put in a solid 10 hour day or so of cutting time.

While all I’m typically cutting during that time is pine, I am still using a stock 2015 X-Carve (no upgrades) and it works like a charm.

Also, for reference to your previous questions, I spent a few days assembling my machine (a few hours each night and maybe 6 or so on a Saturday). First cut came out great and I have only done minor tweaks to my belt tensions and electrical adjustments since.

1 Like

What are proper upgrades for the Xcarve? I acquired an assembled one late last night and see its different than the Carvey. The Carvey is nice and simple but not upgradeable. I appreciate the help.

1 Like

Depends on what you are cutting. During peak order season my X-Carve is running on average 30-40 hours a week. Granted, that’s not for more than a few weeks at a time. The rest of the year, it’s usually one to two weekends a month where I put in a solid 10 hour day or so of cutting time.

Sounds like my usage so maybe industrial grade machine may not be needed.