Centering issues?

Happened to me a week ago. Not sure what it is but not sure how to center something when you are dead center and even use the center to material then it does that.

I could understand this happening if, this machine was a couple of years old and had never had the belts adjusted or some lack of maintenance… It makes no sense. I m going to do a calibration if, I can find decent instructions. However, The center to material is even off on the screen now that I have a good look at it.

I just centered this to material. Look how far off it is.

I just looked at the project i carved and when you blow it up you can see how far off it is. Try to recenter it and came out the same.

I just reinstalled the driver and rechecked the carving in easel. Look at the new photo. The material size is 25"x25" even though it is a round piece I can still (technically) use a square to home it out. I may use center next time. Anyway, Notice the first picture has the 25th inch in blue, meaning no material but, is centering to that size and not the available material. I will be watching for this from now on.

Photo after reinstalling the driver. (EaselDriver_0.3.14_d6f009f8ae)

1 Like

@WayneHall
@JohnWarren1
@BrianRodriguez

Can you share an Easel project that you see this in?

I can but i forgot how to share it.

File–>Share–>Share with Link–>Save
Then paste the URL (web address) here.

I did not cut it that deep Neil i just did that so it could be seen better.

1 Like

I just centered this to material. Look how far off it is.

@JohnWarren1 When I look at that image, I see that you have set your material dimensions to 25"x25", and your machine settings show a work area of 24"x24". As far as I can tell, the circle of butterflies is centered within the material dimensions you set of 25"x25". Am I seeing this wrong?

I will post pictures when I get back home in about an hour or 2

NeilFerreri1 - I cannot since I reinstalled the driver, all seems correct and I am now carving a small piece to test.

KimberlyFranzen - Yes the butterfly’s are centered to the 25x25 but, how did the machine settings get changed? If you look at the video I posted you will see some things are centered on the 24x24 and some are centered 25x25 making them cross-over other items in the 24x24. Why? I did not notice what was going on until the last thing carved and that was the butterfly’s. I did not change anything from my first two carvings. What caused this change? Why did it change?

Once the machine is setup, what would make it change without anyone changing it? See what I mean?

For sure everything on that piece is off by 1 inch but, then again somethings are not. Total waist of time and wear on equipment.

@WayneHall What you might be seeing is an issue with how the text box works. It is centering the text box, but not necessarily the actual text. If you use the X-ploder app to convert the text into its components, I think you’ll get the results you want.
Let me know if that makes sense or not.
Text Box:

Text converted to an object:

2 Likes

So I did this star as a test piece…This is what it looks like and then the adjustment I had fo make on the spoil board

and that’s with everything centered in easel

@BrianRodriguez I’m confused. Is your XY zero actually over that origin point on the X-Carve?
For the star,

1. What are the exact dimensions of your stock?

2. Where exactly did you set your XY zero

3. Can you share the Easel project file?

I saw that when i sent it and figured it to be the culprit. It really should not be that way. If you click center to material it should center it. I guess i will need to double and triple check from now on.

I think that’s just how text works…not an Easel thing, but definitely frustrating. The same issue happens in any (that I’ve used) design program.

1 Like

What you see on the spoilboard is the adjustment I made to get it centered. Off by 5/8". The star that i carved was prior to making the adjustment