Changing bits in the new 3D

if i want to change the finish bit in the new 3D how would i enter a 30deg. bit?? is htere anyway i can select it from my tool list i normally use? it is a sharp point bit…

1 Like

well, using such a small stepover required for a Vbit would most certainly result in Easel failing to generate a toolpath. Even in its current setup, using 0.25mm radius ball bits most often results in the toolpath failing to generate because the stepover used is too small and the complex…

Currently Easel 3d Finishing is setup to accept ball bits. Many users have also had good results with Tapered ball bits, but keep in mind that the toolpath doesn’t account for the taper and this could result in overcarving of the tops of tall, straight walled, model features.

But as for Vbits in the current state of Easel 3d workspace, it’s not really possible as the toolpaths are too complex and Easel will crash… and the thing about not taking into account for the angles even if it didn’t crash…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.