Chilipeppr, X-carve, & mac

So, its been a while since I’ve carved anything. I connected today and no json servers. I cannot for the life of me remember how to get this stuff back. It was bad the first time. I have a folder called ‘go’. It has some bin, pkg, src in it. But after reading directions on GitHub - johnlauer/serial-port-json-server: A serial port JSON websocket server for Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black that lets you communicate with your serial port from a web application. This enables web apps to be written that can communicate with your local serial device such as an Arduino, CNC controller, or any device that communicates over the serial port. I still cant’s figure this out. Why does this have to be so hard for people who have no idea about programming? Are there step by step instructions out there that do not assume the reader knows what ‘compile the native code’ means?

So, here’s a bit more info
Last login: Sat Mar 12 17:31:14 on ttys000
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:~ scottfinchum1$ cd go
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$ export GOPATH=C:Users\scottfinchum1$\go
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$ go get github.com\johnlauer\serial-port-json-server
go: GOPATH entry is relative; must be absolute path: “C”.
Run ‘go help gopath’ for usage.
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$

Here is a screencast from the bloke that made it, there are instructions in the first 15mins somewhere

Getting Started from Scratch Tutorial in ChiliPeppr

OK. Here I am a little over a month later and still no joy. I watched the video. Tried to follow as best as possible. Not getting the same results. One thing I get " GOPATH entry is relative; must be absolute path: “C”."
Not sure what absolute path means when I am following directions from GitHub (Type “go get GitHub - johnlauer/serial-port-json-server: A serial port JSON websocket server for Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black that lets you communicate with your serial port from a web application. This enables web apps to be written that can communicate with your local serial device such as an Arduino, CNC controller, or any device that communicates over the serial port.”. This will retrieve this Github project and all dependent projects. It takes some time to run this.)
What gets me is that I had everything running before all this. My servers just vanished. Now I am at it again and 2 more hours down.
Does anyone have any ideas
Scott
So, here’s a bit more info
Last login: Sat Mar 12 17:31:14 on ttys000
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:~ scottfinchum1$ cd go
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$ export GOPATH=C:Users\scottfinchum1$\go
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$ go get github.com\johnlauer\serial-port-json-server
go: GOPATH entry is relative; must be absolute path: “C”.
Run ‘go help gopath’ for usage.
Scotts-MacBook-Pro:go scottfinchum1$

Can you not just download the binary and run that rather than getting the source and building it?

Just download the Serial Port Json Server binary for Mac. In the olden days (12 months ago) you had to build the Go app yourself, but binaries for Mac have been around for a while.