Choosing bit to drill holes in two-stage process

I did some digging and couldn’t find this anywhere else. Forgive me if I missed this buried in a thread somewhere;

It appears as though it is not currently possible to select which of the two bits in a two-stage process drills the holes. Am I missing something?

I would like to use my first and larger bit to drill holes while the second will engrave labels above the holes. I know I can use workpieces in the same project as a workaround, but would love to be able to make this part of a two-stage process and not have to move back and forth between workpieces to make changes.

Thanks!

Here’s how I would do it.

Duplicate your workpiece. Choose the first bit and select/delete every path/object you don’t want carved with it.

Duplicate your main workpiece again. Choose the second bit and select/delete every path/object you don’t want carved with it. Then carve with the first bit.

Basically the same as a two stage cut. You will of course have to re-zero your Z and X/Y axis between bits. Carve with the second bit.

That’s exactly my current process. I’m would like to NOT have to do this process, if possible.

It seems like choosing which paths and holes each bit should do would be a great option overall.

Easel is free. You get what you pay for. :wink:

Re-zero for Z is given, however there should be no need to re-zero X/Y. Just click “Use previous Home”.