Christmas Tree Advent Calendar

I have been seeing these calendars online and had a few people ask me to make them one. I looked online and wasn’t able to find a file so I designed one myself. I used 5mm birch plywood and used a 1/16" fishtail bit from Inventables to cut it out. I though I would share the file. Now my daughter wants a snowman one so she can put her keurig coffee in it.

Good Luck
Russell

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. What do you put in them, small wine bottles?

2 Likes

@RussellCrawford Thank you very much. I was planning on doing this on my youtube channel. You just did all the hard work for me. If it is ok with you I would like to give you credit with the design and make a video of this project and put it on my YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Yes the small wine bottles. I did put 24 Dasani water bottles in the tree just to see how it holds them and it worked good. My daughter wants one with smaller holes for her coffee

That would be awesome Phil, thank you. These trees seem to be catching on with people. If you need something just let me know.
Good luck
Russell

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Great work Russell! I would be interested in using your Keurig design. My BIL loves coffee and it would give me and the niece a fun little project.

1 Like

looks good Russel!

1 Like

very cool… I actually just designed one too.

1 Like

Andrew,
Here is the Snowman Calendar for the K-Cups, I haven’t tried it out yet so if you cut it out post some pictures. Its for the 5mm wood also.
Thanks
Russell

4 Likes

Thanks Russell, I will have to give it a shot this weekend. The niece will be over next Tuesday so we will have a project to do. I will have to make a few mods though… I only have the 750mm so the max I can cut is 20in. But you have done the hard part for me. Thanks again :smile:

1 Like

Pretty cool Russell. I think the snowman needs a support up top someplace… maybe move the nose hole down to the top row of the body and make a support that looks like a carrot for the nose?

1 Like

oh nevermind…. I see it is a single sided one… got ya

1 Like

Thanks, yes that one is just for the Keurig cups, my daughter wanted one of them. The holes would have to be moved around some for a wine holder.

Hey Russell,

I made it a bit smaller so it would fit on my machine. (I hade to get rid of the smiley face :frowning: ) I see you used the 90* bit for the numbers. How does the 90* bit work with oramask? Will that be fine for the numbers or should I just hand paint?

1 Like

I’ve used the 90 degree bit with Oramask and it worked good. I have used it on MDF, pine and plywood. I put a coat of shellac on the material first and then after I carve it I put another coat of shellac on it.

Since you can only cut 20 inches I though you could carve it out like I had it and then just use a jigsaw to cut out the hat.

I didn’t think you could do that?

When I first got my xcarve I didn’t check the file size and it was a little larger than I could cut. The spindle stopped at the limit and when it came back everything was an inch off. The only thing I could think off was that the software didn’t know the spindle stopped, so when it came back down, it was off.

1 Like

Thanks again Russell!! I am gunna give it ago next week - I will post pics for you guys

1 Like

Sorry for the delay guys! Thanksgiving was a hectic time and I did not have a chance to make the snowman. Sorry to let yall down :frowning:

1 Like