Cleaning up text

my Mac keeps giving an error message (prompts for an older version download then will not complete) when trying to download Inkscape. Is anyone able to clean up this text for me please? Is there another program that might work for this so I can import text without it looking so jagged?

Chris,
I’m not sure how big you’re going to make the name but I redrew it and made it into a line. It will look better when you carve.

10 Likes

@RussellCrawford You help so many people on this forum. I sometimes don’t think you get the credit you deserve. Awesome job!

10 Likes

Thank you so much! How were you able to do this? We are new to all of this and a lot of the stock fonts in Easel leave a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment Phillip,
This is a great forum with great people willing to help each other.
Keep doing an awesome job yourself Phillip,
Russell

1 Like

Chris,
I use CorelDraw to design most of my projects, a lot of people on here use InkScape, I don’t have InkScape yet but I need to download it and try it out. In InkScape you have a drawing tool that you can use to draw straight lines and curved lines. Then you can manipulate the nodes to make the object or font that you want. It takes practice

JENNINGS

Another way to do this is with Adobe Illustrator. Super easy. Open the image in Illustrator and use image trace. The pre-set tracing options are great or you can adjust the settings manually. Once you like what you see, just expand it, save as an SVG, and import into Easel. I use photoshop to edit my drawings then move them over to Illustrator to smooth everything out and create the SVG.

1 Like

Hi Russell, any chance you could assist again? I’m trying to do this for my siblings for Christmas. My mom past away this year and I’ve recently found this card that she gave to my daughter a few years ago. I’m trying to grab the “love mom” so that I can carve it but am having no luck getting smooth lines.

1 Like

Can this help?
Inkscape, Trace Bitmap, Simplify (reduce nodes), no node editing other than deleting the non-relevant parts of the image.

3 Likes

Sorry for you loss Chris
Merry Christmas
Russell

1 Like

Thank you so much! Did you do an adobe trace?

1 Like

You’re welcome, No I redrew it in CorelDraw

Thanks, I really need to work on that

1 Like