Here we go again! By now I think we all know how great Inventables is, but lets just add some fuel to that fire and give away an X-Controller!!
This time around we are looking for Holiday decorations! This will include, but will not be limited to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus or even just the winter season! Basically if you decorate during December, we want to see what you can come up with!
1st - X-Controller**
2nd - DeWalt 611 and Mount
3rd - Inventables Hoddie and a $50 Inventables giftcard
All prizes can be awarded as a giftcard of equivalent value at the winner's request.
** We are excited to give away an X-Controller, but due to the un-finalized release date and current high interest, the X-Controller will be awarded when available.
In addition to the great prizes above, anyone who submits a valid entry will receive an Inventables T-Shirt! (one shirt per user as multiple entries are allowed).
This is how it’s going to work:
- Two ways to enter
- Create, design and build your project (much like the Halloween Contest)
- Build a holiday themed Easel app! For example a snowflake generator!
Winners will be required to send a copy of the finished project to Inventables. In the case of an Easel app, the winner will be required to produce a project using their creation, and that will be sent to Inventables. All shipping will be cover by Inventables.
- Complete a project page
- Post a picture of the finished project and a link to your project page on this topic to enter! (see example below)
- Contest will close December 20, 2015
- Winners announced December 21, 2015! (Chosen by a combination of user likes and an awesome judge )
Here are the requirements for a valid entry:
- At least part of the project should be made on an X-Carve (or SO1 or SO2) and with Easel**
- Project page must be complete (title, nice pictures, BOM, instructions, files etc.)
- Include an “Open in Easel” link
- Multiple entries are allowed! Up your chances and post a couple valid entries!
- Include in your project page/entry post improvements you would do in the creation process also any issues that came up and how you solved them. This will help everyone learn how to make great projects in the future!
Bonus: Include a video of the creation/build of your decoration. This isn’t required but it wouldn’t hurt your chances!
The winners will be announced here and private messaged with shipping details (covered by Inventables). Once the project is in the mail your prize will be sent out!
**If you don't use Easel, please provide the necessary files to recreate the project.
Here is a project I did to get things going! Please post as follows:
- The phrase "Contest Entry"
- One photo of your completed project
- Improvements/Issues. If you had any issues, include how you resolved them.
Contest Entry : Snowflake Decoration (https://www.inventables.com/projects/snowflake-decoration)
Improvements/Issues : More tabs! Currently with how the tabs are generated in Easel, I wasn't able to get enough tabs into this projects! I strategically places the ones I had and when the router was making the last pass, I followed the bit with the eraser side of a pencil! I don't recommend this as it can be dangerous if you're not quick enough!
Good Luck everyone! I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!