CNC Halftone images - Using DXF halftone

The link does not seem to work any more. Did you remove the step by step guide?

No, its still at CNC Halftoning - Step by Step | Inventables

I just checked.

Thanks for checking! All I seem to be able to get is the Inventables login page. No matter how many times I click on that login button (multiple computers and browsers) it will not allow me to view the page even though I am actually logged in. :frowning:

Sounds like a bug maybe. If you are using Internet Explorer (or Edge) try Chrome or vice versa. Hope this helps.

It’s not working for me either (Chrome). I get directed to the login page for Inventables (even though I’m already logged in). I tried logging out and again, same thing. Then used a different browser (Safari) with a clean cache. Same thing :-/ I read your writeup before and thought it was great! Guess it may be a bug in the site…?

1 Like

Contact Inventables. They are pretty quick to respond. Maybe you need to create a new account?

I am having the same problem. Just get the log in page…and it is a login p;age that will not die, just keeps returning to the login page again and again.

1 Like

I’m seeing that same log-in prob too despite already being logged in and able to post to the forum right now

Have you guys reported this?

@JonGlazer

Yes, I did report this awhile ago. Inventables just got back to me. Here’s their response:

The project isn’t publicly shared by the owner. There is a checkbox users can check if they want the project to be shared with the public. They would need to check that and save it. Here’s a screenshot (attached).

Unfortunately since this is a customer’s project, they are they only ones capable of making the project public. You might consider sending them a personal message to see if they can check that box.

Could you check the settings on the project?

Very nice work. My X-carve’s on order now and am enjoying all the great projects people have worked on! Thanks for sharing.

Oh believe me I am. :slight_smile: Easel, Fusion 360 and more. Any recommendations are welcome.

1 Like

I did see the check box and it is now checked. I got a lot of responses from the project. I don’t know how they could have gotten to see it if it wasn’t checked before so I am thinking it got changed some where. Can you see it now?

Yep, I can see it now. Thanks!

What’s add, is I use to be able to see it. I had it booked marked.

Please update link - http://dev.adconn.com/DXF_Halftone_21.zip

Getting an error when following the software link… The software is now hard to find. All the links I have found are not working.

Just use jason dorie’s halftoner, like phil said

while you’re at it, send the dude a beer via paypal…

2 Likes

does anyone know how to center the carving to the material? when i imported g code to easel it looks like this …joker snip

That’s not showing material in Easel when you import gcode, it’s showing the max range for your project. You need to set your origin/material size in the software you used to generate the code.

1 Like

ok . I’m using halftoner 1.7, i noticed when i change the width to a certain number then go over to change the height , the program will change the width to a different number on its own. why is that ? example, i was typing in 11.75 for height and 14.75 for width of material. after i did that it changed on its own to something different . i didn’t know it until i went back to halftoner and looked .