CNC toolbox program

Beta please

1 Like

Milk on me.

1 Like

Iā€™m in for beta and or donation.

1 Like

First test talking to the machine. hard to see, but you can hear it moving to the touch plate (123 block)

A ways to go, but this closes a huge gap.

2 Likes

Interface updates.
Per suggestion, controls are broken out on the side. This way when in any tab, you will have access to them. I also threw the inch to mm conversion calc at the bottom. Think it will be very useful there.

3 Likes

Is the Z increment the same as the X and Y increment in the jogging panel?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure I am too late to get in on the beta testing but if it fits my needs and works and I feel the cost is affordable I would certainly make the purchase!

1 Like

It looks like each axis has their own ā€œGo to Zeroā€.

1 Like

Excellent suggestion on the Z increment. This will be implemented.

Yes, the home command is under the machine control tab. Itā€™s a mess on that tab at the moment, but Iā€™m thinking it will contain all of the commands upon startup along with user defined macros. Speaking of this, please suggest commands that should be on the tab.
Currently: home, g28, g30, unlock ($X ā€œI almost never homeā€).

Plans: user defined macros,

thanks!

the go to zero keys on that page are specific to each axis. for the group they are under. In other words they will (not functional yet) issue the command G90 G0 X0 for example under the $100 (x axis) group. The instructions will be: ā€œget valuesā€, this will populate the current values, next define your move to position (this will be of course after you set up your ruler, move to your zero and zero your axis). Click send machine. Report ā€œwent toā€. it calculates the new value, click update machine and thatā€™s itā€¦ move on to the next axis.

Suggested command:

$C letā€™s you test your G-code through grbl, but does not allow any machine movement.

Itā€™s a toggle function so you would need to display its state along with the button to change it.

1 Like

did not know about this commandā€¦ this will be excellent!

thatā€™s the idea.

notice the machine control tabā€¦ That is where $h, file sending, and everything else is located. Itā€™s still being designed.

As I said before, the goal is for this to be a complete one stop shop for everythingā€¦ no need to jump around programs for different task (aside from your cam software)

1 Like

lol unfortunately, noā€¦ but I am working on a cup holder feature.

3 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Not wanting to be too forward here butā€¦the incorporation af an Xbox controller as a pendant would be incredible. My current sender incorporates this and is what keeps me using it. The ability to jog without having to continually send commands is a feature that you didnā€™t know you needed until you try it. May be a bit outside the lines for what youā€™re envisioning but if it could be doneā€¦

1 Like

My hope is to have a fully mod-able keybind setup.

I have a gaming speedpad with a bunch of macro keys and a scroll wheel that I plan on configuring with it. I want my scroll wheel + a hotkey to control the feedrate with grbl 1.1 for example. That is one thing i miss from the larger mills I used to run at schoolā€¦ feedrate changes on the fly.

1 Like

Not being a programmer but one thing I like about UGS is the visualize button to see the gcode file being processed. Just a thought donā€™t know if possible or not. Thanks for the hard work and time spent doing this.

1 Like

Itā€™s a must! this is in the worksā€¦ it will probably be a little different, so far, Iā€™m looking into a 4 port viewā€¦ (top view, persp, front, side)

Donā€™t know about everyone else, but I find myself mesmerized by the visualizer.

Canā€™t wait to see it.

1 Like

@AbearDesign

Quick suggestion: By adding a ā€œPersistentā€ checkbox somewhere on your ā€œTouch Code Generatorā€ tab you can toggle between G92 and G10L20P1 .

I too started with G92 only to soon realize it does not persist following a reset/reboot. With G10 on the other hand, you can re-home and pick up on the same job/setup after a broken bit / skipped step / soft limit / reset / beer / snooze / week.

1 Like