Computer won't see USB connection

After my email to the staff here is the email I received back today. It didn’t seem to make any difference at all.

Hi Barry, thanks for contacting us. Sorry to hear that your X-Controller is giving you trouble. It’s a bit strange for the fan to be so off kilter. I’m worried that it may have shorted in some way. I might try connecting the machine with the fan temporarily disconnected to see if that helps out at all. You may also try connecting the controller via the mini-USB port on the main controller board with a single cable (usually they come with digital cameras). This may let us know where the problem lies.

Hi, I think the problem maybe your SD card is corrupted, you can first plug your SD card to another PC to check again, if the problem is USB card not recognizing, you can try the following methods:

1. Repair USB Root Hub:
    Step1: Press Win+R and type devmgmt.msc and then open Device manager of your computer system.
    Step2: Look for “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and click on it to expand the list.
    Step3: Now, search for USB Root Hub option and right click on it to select the properties.
    Step4: After this, open Power Management option to uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and press “OK”.
    Hope it can help you anyway