Conferences & Shows: We need your tips!

What are some of your favorite woodworking conferences or shows you’ve attended?

I go to the woodworking show at the Indy fairgrounds each year to see what is new and what kind of bargains i can find.

1 Like

I go to that one as well but not as regularly of late.
If Inventables is looking to present themselves that would be good one.
Possibly too late to get in this year.

2 Likes

“The Woodworking Shows” comes through my city and others.
BALTIMORE, MD
NEW ENGLAND
KANSAS CITY
TAMPA, FL
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
ST. LOUIS, MO
MILWAUKEE, WI
CHANTILLY, VA
SECAUCUS, NJ
COLUMBUS, OH
SYRACUSE, NY

There are usually CNC machines there like Digital Woodcarver and Legacy CNC. This year, as in previous years, Laney Shaughnessey is doing his seminars.

Usually Rockler and or Woodcraft is there and they sometimes bring the Netwave Automation products like the Sharks.

Of course the shows like to involve the local guilds and clubs so the usual clubs are there like
Edwardsville Area Woodworkers
ShowMe Woodturners
St. Louis Woodworkers Guild
St. Louis Woodturners Club
Woodturners of St. Louis

Wow! Three lathe clubs in one area. No CNC clubs, There is a local CNC interest group that meets once a month at the local Rockler.

It would seem that your key into the shows is to exhibit yourself, partner with someone like Rockler, create a seminar or build a club base and get the clubs invited to the shows.

In any case, you need to have the machine running in an area with foot traffic and there needs to be a wealth of appealing finished projects on display as well.

3 Likes

I agree, well conveyed Harry.
Just looked and the Indy show is 1/31 thru 2/2 this year.

1 Like

Toronto woodworking show.

1 Like