Confused: Triquetra, PicSender, and Vcarve

After doing some repairs on my X-carve (new stock thread screw z-axis limit switch, and fixing a broken belt), I went to do my first carve with the repairs. I homed the machine, lined it to the material using the Triquetra block, and then loaded my first file from v-carve. However, when I started the cut it went away from the material and them move down further.

Picsender was in incremental mode to start. Running the Triquetra code I notice it switched to absolute and then back to incremental. Then I noticed when I ran my code I noticed it switched back to absolute.

What am I doing wrong? I have made several things using this workflow in the past and haven’t had any problems. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am going to reply. I was an idiot. Before I generated the gcode I didn’t move my xy position to the lower left hand side.

2 Likes

Been there, done that myself

Happens to all even if they would not admit it in public, thanks for keeping the forum real for all skill levels as my X-Carve’s biggest failures have been the operator whom had a short between the keyboard and the desk.