Connecting Extrusions/Makerslide to wood

Has anyone connected extrusion/makerslide based frames and mated the rails to wood in a manner which marries the X-Carve rail system to the wooden surface?

(I am NOT intending mere reinforcement or a table, but a frame which is actually bound to the wooden surface/frame).

If so, please share how you bound the railing to the lumber.

Like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Hardware-75-6111-Corner-Braces/dp/B00004Z0R1/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2668835642&pd_rd_wg=ivEV1&pf_rd_r=HMKC3GTGANJ0Q5XSK53X&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00004Z0R1&pd_rd_w=FoRQr&pf_rd_i=corner+brackets&pd_rd_r=FMT0YZDHTWHTRABECZZ0&ie=UTF8&qid=1479433812&sr=1

so odd… the image didn’t load until I came back to the page. LOL

Thank you, as always. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, Shidoshi!!

Now that I am looking pretty hard… did you already add your “T-Tracks”? :smiley:

This will probably seem like an odd question… But, if that table could rotate on an axis to a vertical, or “upside down” position , would the brackets hold the X-Carve to that table?

For what I have in mind, that is what I will need.

I just used small pieces of aluminium angle (25mmx25mmx3mm) with suitable sized holes drilled to suit the t-nut bolt (5mm) and the anchors I used into the table top. Cheapest solution.

1 Like

Where is the frame bound to the lumber at (connection points)?

I used insertion nuts in the bottom of the “frame rails” and bolted them down with screws through the top skin of my torsion box.

-Kelly

1 Like

Sorry, Angus. I was attempting to as you.

AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much!

A little late in finding this thread but, I simply used 1 x 3 x 3/4 inch thick wooden blocks, cut a rabbet across the 1" dimension so that there is a “tounge” that engages the slot in the base 20 x 20 makerslide, drilled a hole through the wood for a screw and once the toungue is in place, screwed the block into the tabletop holding the machine in place.