I’m sorry you’re having problems. Here are some ideas:
- Change out the USB cable. Sometimes they go bad. Sometimes they are too long. Sometimes, they are not “electrical” as good.
- Don’t have anything else running on your PC. Don’t try to use the internet at the same time. Turn off your virus checker, like Norton, which wants to run in the background. Don’t have anything else running while you’re trying to carve.
- Yes, this is painful, but PAY the money and buy VCARVE. Then, you don’t have to worry about the internet or other servers causing problems.
- Make sure you have an UPS in the line to take care of any power glitches.
- Finally, you have to “chill out”.
I have had my X Carve for several years now. Yes, there was some frustration in getting going, but it and the X Controller have been good and reliable for quite some time.