Connection to Easel - need help on hanging screen

If you can run it in GRBL Controller it can’t be the board. Can @JohnHayes do a remote login to your computer tomorrow?

sure we can try just let me know when I’ll be here all day.

You will need to right click on the files and download them to view local on your pc

I downloaded both files but they are text only. I was hoping for the screen shots so I can view what you are seeing.

I just did an email intro to you and @JohnHayes so you two can find a time tomorrow to figure this out. I assigned the case to him so he can see the email you sent in.

I put just the screen shots in the same location that the other files are if you want to look at them they are pictures of the screens before and after connecting the arduino and both places that the easel program hangs.

Can you try a new file? Do a square only.

When it gets to the “raise the bit” button first click the green “unlock motors” button. Then click raise the bit.

I did a square and followed your instructions. I can get past all the screens but when it should be carving there is no movement of the machine.And I had no control when trying to move it by the jog buttons to the home position.

Did you click the green button by the arrows to unlock the motors?

Yes it almost seems like the commands are not getting to the machine. I can see the RX and TX leds on the arduino blinking.

Problem solved. Thanks to all the inventables team that responded and helped me through this taxing issue.
My Arduino needed to be re-flashed, and they were able to do it remotely. I am able to use easel with no problems now.

@Zach_Kaplan my easel stops and hangs on this screen Screenshot by Lightshot
I try changing usb ports it still shows COM3
not going nowhere from that screen.
should I have spindle on OFF or Logic?

You manually type in which com it is on I think…

com 3 but still nothing

Are you able to connect to the Arduino through the IDE instead of Easel?

Does the green LED on the Arduino light up when you plug it in?

@Zach_Kaplan I’m so new in all this, that have no idea what you just asked :smile:
on machine, everything is corect and checked and recheked 5 times.
all nice colors lights up when I power up, power block works, Gshield, arduino…
if I put spindle ON it works, on Logic and Off dose nothing.
Easel just stops on screan of COM choice if I follow setup step from instructions, I tried starting easel and hitting Carve button, gives me COM screen and nothing

solved
call inventables = best option :slight_smile: