Connects to the MacBook but not the Mac mini? HELP!

I'm having a difficult time with X controller connecting to my Mac mini .. heres the catch though, it connects to my Mac book pro just fine. I thought it was the Mac mini I was using so I brought one home from work to give it a try and it turns out its both of them. the Mac book and Mac mini(s) are running the same version of os. I'm extremely confused and a bit frustrated considering I bought this Mac mini just for the x carve. 

I'm running a new 1000mm x carve with the x controller and all drivers are installed and updates taken care of. I've tried rebooting , unplugging and all of that fun stuff. I've carved a half of dozen things using the laptop and all have turned out wonderful, now if I can just take that into my office where it belongs and out of my garage I would be extremely happy. 

can anybody help? Please?

Sorry bud, dont know anything about a Mac. I know on a PC older versions of windows you need to download USB drivers so it acts as com ports.

1 Like

Are both on the same OS version?

1 Like

That doesn’t mean anything.

Post the serial numbers of the MacBook Pro and the mini so specs can be checked.

I run my machine via a mac min without any problems

1 Like

After a short call with support , turns out by using a hub (powered or non) it works just fine… don’t know why this is but that was my work around… thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like

Hello Jady, What Mac do you got? I can not get my OS 1o.13 Mac Pro tower to work. I do have a Mac Book I could try? Just curious. Any reply back would be great?

Andrew, is this applicable? Im not a mac user so im not sure how the os numbering vs naming convention and processors used works on them, but i happened to notice this note about certian combo of Os and hardware causes conflicts and wont work… btw this thread is 5 years old meaning there is a very low likelyhood that the others above will ever respond. And jadys last visit to the forum altogether was May 2019. :man_shrugging:

Edit after some quick googling: the mac pro tower, some models use the intel processor, so a similar issue to the one noted on their specs page might apply… id call tech support, i know that at least a few of their higher up software ppl are mac users and would likely know the details here…

This topic was automatically closed after 25 days. New replies are no longer allowed.