Control Box just stopped working

Everything seems to be functional except no constant power to stepper motors. Easel can’t find machine on COM port. Can’t test limit switches to see if they are working since it can’t find the machine. Pluging and unpluging the USB indicates that the computer is connecting. (sounds) Re-flashed UNO and downloaded and installed the pertinent drivers. The only thing I know for sure is that the lights to the stepper motors aren’t working…any ideas would be welcome…thanks

By chance did you hit the estop?

1 Like

After verifying e stop is not pressed (and the fan inside comes on indicating ac power is present and the ac to dc converter is working)

Is the com port showing under ports in device manager? If so what com port is it? If its 1-3 you may need to change it to 4 or higher as some computers will only treat 1-3 as peripherals like mouse, keyboard, printer… and this is a rather common issue

On rare occasions that my PC doesn’t “see” my machine… I unplug the USB cable, wait a second and plug it back in. Works every time.

Is this an X-Carve or Pro

Not an E-Stop problem…tried the USB unplug and re-plug…Not the answer either…This is an x-carve, first gen…

Also, it shows up on COM5…

Baud rate set to 115,200?

If kinda sounds like the DC power supply is not working, I think there is a fuse on its output, I think a voltmeter is in the next set of troubleshooting steps …

Inventables told me when i had my first gen to unplug the usb from the computer then turn the controler on then plug into the computer then load easel. I had the same problem and that pretty much took care of it.

1 Like

Checked the fuse…one of the first tries…Power box must be operational, otherwise nothing would be lighting up…

I will give that a try…maybe it will do it…nothing to lose at this point. Let you know if it works tomorrow…thanks…

That wasn’t the golden ticket either. Does anyone know what the symptoms are for the gShield being bad? Just about out of ideas…

1 Like

Finally got it running again…reloaded all the grbl and driver files and it is moving. It is however, moving very sloth like, even the homing moves take forever…still it is working…

Your max speed ($110, 111, 112) as well as other grbl settings might not be set correctly.