Couple of new projects

So, I don’t get it…
The post is “dimmed” but all one has to do is click on it, and it shows up.
Nice work by the way.

I tried MDF once and it was a stringy and ripped edge disaster.

1 Like

And its also perfectly placed on the young lady holding it also. LOL…
I love it.

1 Like

Again.
I don’t get it.
All you have to do Is click on it, and it shows up.
So its still there and its not flagged.
(which is perfectly fine with me, because I like to see all work)
And whoever the prude is, Get a life.

1 Like

Just a reminder that most likely most of these posts are getting flagged because they violate the community guidelines. Please read:

#2: Keep it clean.

Obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or bawdy language is not necessary or relevant to the discussion. We want to foster an environment where all users feel welcomed.

https://discuss.inventables.com/faq

Oh Phil… perfect response. Bravo sir, Bravo

1 Like

Is “BLUE LOCTITE” considered obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit or bawdy?

1 Like

Now Now Marc… step off… ha ha ha.

I see both sides of the issue though. Although not much of anything bothers me (besides continuous negativity) I can see where that image could get someone in trouble at work… but then again why are you on a forum at work? Probably the best course of action would be if it could be considered NSFW the poster could upload the image to their Photobucket and link (Not “IMG”) the pic and put “NSFW” with the link. error on the side of caution, I think.

I have been a Mod on a VW site for 10 years and we have had to do similar things not just because of other users but because it protected the site as well… but then again we were dealing with photos or actual T&A not wooden ones.

Just some candy to think about.

2 Likes

Now lets stop hijacking Bobby’s post and let the man show his work!

1 Like

Art censorship is certainly a topic we can constructively discuss and debate in terms of how it applies (or doesn’t) when it comes to the Inventables forum. On the other hand, using crude and offensive language whether it is carved in a project and then posted in a picture or used in the language of a post violates the terms of our forum. It will be flagged and if folks continue to violate the terms their user accounts will be suspended. If this is not clear in the posted forum guidelines I will update them so it is. I am disappointed that anyone would support and instigate this type of behavior on our forum. I really think all of you have a lot to give, an amazing amount of knowledge to contribute and you are talented and creative when it comes to making. My wish is that you would take a more positive approach to being the community leaders that you are. Whether you realize it or not, many people look up to you and you set and influence the tone. We often have educators and students using our forum to get help and find inspiration with their projects. The Inventables mission is to build accessible community and tools for the maker journey and this type of behavior is 100% contrary to that mission. I am not asking you to change your personalities or core beliefs but I am asking everyone to follow the guidelines. I think we all need to work on improving the forum experience for users. We hope you will work with us.

6 Likes

@RobertCanning it violates our forum guidelines:

#2: Keep it clean.
Obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or bawdy language is not necessary or relevant to the discussion. We want to foster an environment where all users feel welcomed.

@RobertCanning thank you for your follow-up and thanks for expressing your position. I sense you feel strongly about this issue and I think it is justified on some level. Our intent is not to squash freedom of expression or censor someone’s artwork. We felt some of the language on the sign (not the word guns) violated #2 in our forum guidelines. We want to foster an environment where all users feel welcomed. In this case we feel that particular image simply works against that principle given the many types of user groups that interact with the Inventables forum. I think the project was well done by Bobby and I like the other projects he posted as well. The Inventables forum simply isn’t the best place for some of the content depicted in that one particular image. If our mission is to build accessible community and tools for the maker journey and one of our guidelines is to foster an environment where all users feel welcome we have a responsibility to uphold a certain set of values. We service many younger folks who are just starting their maker journey, and even though they are not the only user group we service, it is important that we are establishing a safe environment for them, their parents and their teachers. You may not agree 100% with our set of values but we are asking politely for our community to respect these users and use common sense to distinguish what is appropriate for our forum, given they are a part of our community, vs. what might be more appropriate for a different forum outside of this one. Well, I think I have said enough on the matter but if other folks have points to add I am open to keeping this thread going as long as we keep it constructive. Robert, I enjoy having you in our community and think you are a valuable contributor. I would hate to see you go but I understand if you simply disagree with our position. Thank you for your feedback and understanding.

1 Like

The way it works is that once a post is flagged an Inventables staff member and forum moderator will look at the flag and then agree or disagree with the flag and take appropriate action. In this case the flag brought the post and other subsequent posts in the thread to our attention and we agreed and removed the ones we felt were in violation of our guidelines. Again, certain words and content were inappropriate (not the use of the word “guns” in a post or image). We will not remove posts about guns unless we believe they infringe on our forum guidelines. I apologize if there were instances where this occurred in which case I would be happy to review.

In this instance, perhaps a NSFW subforum or something of the like would be warranted. If you wander into there, you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.

1 Like

@BobbyShea yes we consider that a violation of our guidelines. Please refrain from using it. We appreciate your understanding.

I am a Marine and can cuss like a sailor… There are a lot of words I believe should not show up on this forum. But “tt’s” is not one of them. How is this one?

For those that flag this as inappropriate… Get a f’ing life!!!

5 Likes

Actually Ebony… Not sure of the feeds and speeds, but it did cut really freaking fast!!!

1 Like

Nice carving!

as I was reading all the posts, and scrolled down to bob jewel, I busted out laughing.
That is good.

… and they close this post in 3…2…1…

1 Like

Haha, you guys are great. I do enjoy your sense of humor but yes sadly I have to shut this thread down as it is running off the rails in terms of the forum guidelines.

2 Likes