Crap machine

I’ve upgraded my machine to larger steppers and 9mm GT3 belts, not because I broke one, but that’s got less backlash, and is a fraction of a ballscrew upgrade.

1 Like

I"ve had my X carve 1000x1000 since March 2020 i use it probably 10 to 20 hours per week making signs and plaques so its about 9 months old never had any problem since day one industrial machine no, but great hobby type machine that makes me money . And by the way I’m a 71 year old retired Journeyman Machinist. I think the X-Carve is a great value for what it can do Dennis L

7 Likes

Too bad, though I fail to see where you asked for help.

We, the community, are problem-solving oriented, not problem focused. If we had been given some details on what went wrong, during what kind of operation with tool/feed/speeds and material info you’d have access to our pool of experience and we would share. Some of us have most certainly been were you are.

Most of us have the Xcarve but not all, though experience from trial and error in our own worlds we collaborate here to improve. It doesnt matter how experienced we are, there are always stuff to be learnt.

Happy holidays to you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your right, he still hasn’t asked a question.
Poor guy is frustrated and all he wants to do is come on here and rant.
He needs to get away from the machine for a few days, come back with a clear head, assess the problem and post the question.
He will get the much needed answer right here.

2 Likes

SMH… please-continue

Where are you located and what are you thinking about as the price. I am in Las Vegas, Nv.

I think you can make it work, but it’s going to take something that has nothing to do with the hardware.

It’s obvious you are so frustrated that nothing anyone says or any solution that is offered is going to help.

What will help is for you to write another dozen or so replies that express your frustrations. Maybe more than a dozen. Just keep going and bitch your head off and tell everyone they’re wrong until you’ve exhausted everything you have to say. Wear it out. Exhaust yourself.

Once that’s done, think about this- This forum is filled with people who use the same machine. Most are extremely happy. All have felt frustrated.

Odds are that you don’t have the only terrible machine in the history of the brand, but whatever is wrong with it or your method of using the machine can be fixed. But not in your current state of frustration.

Odds are that either there is something in your build, the settings or the materials. Maybe your machine is inhabited by an ancient, invisible zombie-ghost that hates you and is laughing hysterically watching you be so miserable. Who knows? I do not. But…

All I know is that whatever is wrong, it can be corrected. All it’s going to take is for you to accept that whatever your past experience may be, however much you know, how carefully you try to set it up, it’s NOT going to be fixed until you exorcise your frustrated frame of mind.

Also, this forum is full of amateur and professional CNC-Attitude therapists who are happy to listen, as long as you admit you might have a bit of a frustration issue right now.

You can do it. If not, ask yourself why you’re allowing something that makes you this angry occupy space in your head. Sell it or move forward.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Thinking of troubleshooting incandescent Christmas lights: If one fails, the rest usually continue working. If two or more lights fail, the whole string usually fails and becomes VERY difficult to fix.

Maybe TimParkhurst’ machine has more than one problem.

1 Like

It is possible, but one has to discuss the issues one is having and the steps taken to attempt to resolve the problem for others to help.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Coucou de France.
J’ai utilisé le traducteur, et vous ferez certainement de même, donc, soyez indulgent sur les traductions.
Je suis d’accord avec ce post même si je n’aurais pas dit que c’est de la merde.
Mais il faut reconnaître que ce n’est pas la machine que l’on nous a vendue. Déjà dans les notices d’installation, rien n’est simple. Les photos sont fausses, car prises avant l’installation des pièces précédentes. Résultat, ce n’est pas aussi simple qu’annoncé.
Moi aussi j’ai eu les galères pour l’utiliser. J’ai eu des outils qui cassent, des projets de 7 ou 8 heures qui sont abandonnés au milieu à cause de plein d’aléas.
J’ai même demandé de l’aide, que j’ai reçu, d’ailleurs, très bien expliquée, pour graver un PCB. Très bon résultat, que je n’ai jamais réussi à dupliquer.
Je suis d’accord avec lui pour dire que ce n’est pas une machine pour travailler et gagner de l’argent avec.
Juste une machine de loisir, mais allez expliquer à ma femme que j’ai dépensé 3000€ (en France) pour jouer !!!
Par contre j’arrive quand même à en tirer quelques résultats, à force d’erreurs, de corrections, et d’apprentissage.
Bizarrement aussi, mais c’est du à la " Trump attitude", quand j’ai essayé de déclarer ma machine dans le logiciel des machines dans le monde, cela ne fonctionne pas pour la France. Vous avez peur de quoi ? Que vous pique tous les clients ???
Bref, machine de merde, non, mais machine de compétition, non.

Well middle of next month I’ll be moving on to the Onefinity. I’ve had many problems with this machine, hell I spent 7 hrs today on two projects and got nowhere. First my 60 degree Amana brand new keeps tearing out center sections that are supposed to stay. Which is the problem I’ve had today, very frustrating, lost a day. However I know I’ll figure it out. I don’t get on forums and blame the world over it. My problem with this machine is the V wheels and and belts, Which is why I am moving to Onefinity. That being said this is still a capable machine but it has its limits, and there are workarounds. Bottom line if you like it great, if you don’t then move on, don’t cry to the forum, if you blame marketing then take it up with the company directly. I am moving to diffrent machine but I’ll be keeping Easel Pro partly because I already paid for 3 yrs, and it’s been easier to work with than vcarve so far.

Je ne sais pas où vous allez avec cela. Les messages politiques sont probablement mieux trouvés sur reddit. Vous avez besoin d’un meilleur traducteur. Je ne représente pas la société, comme indiqué précédemment, je passe à une machine différente sans pleurer. C’est bien que vous ayez la liberté d’expression. En Amérique, nous avons la période de liberté. Merde ce Yankees …

Cela vient d’un Américain de première génération avec des parents nés au Mexique.

Hi there, i’m new to cnc machining and need advice please, can someone tell me if i do a project with a roughing tool pass and a finishing tool pass when it comes to the finishing tool pass do i have to set the bit in the exact position as i do for the roughing tool pass, it might be a silly question so i apologize now, by the way i am in England, mant thanks in advance…Glynj

1 Like

The only thing you need to do is reset the Z zero.
The machine already knows where the X and Y zero is from your initial setup procedure.

2 Likes

There is a ball screw upgrade from tbdcnc.com, real genuine people whom make components to help stiffen the rails, increase the height, upgrade the z-axis. Now is it inexpensive, not really. The upgrade is about as much as the 1000x1000 kit is from inventables, but I honestly think the upgrade would be as efficient as the new Xcarve Pro and cheaper too. I have bought several items from tbd and have been very impressed. I bought the wider belt kit that they offer and it helps speed up the processes some. They offer belt upgrades as well on their site which are much better than stock. I plan on purchasing the ball screw upgrade at some point, unless i find it cost effective to by a full 4x8 system.

I added a Jtech 7w laser earlier this Spring and haven’t had any major hiccups given that it runs through the X-Controller.

I wish you luck and if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

I definitely feel for everyone that has had these kind of problems. I to have had the same kind of issues. I’ve learned that when making long carves to break it up into sections so that if a problem occurs I might be able to salvage the section that went haywire. This can be challenging sometimes because placing X and Y back at the same starting point is a bit taxing. I have also learned that before I start any carve I go around the machine a tighten all screws, bolts and belts.
I first purchased my XCarve when it was a Kickstarter, have upgraded to the 1000 x 1000 and long the way have learned a lot of the little things that work for.

1 Like

MikeAnderson2 - My situation is almost identical to yours. I’ve had my 1000mm X-Carve since April of 2019. I had zero experience with CNC, and I’ve made a TON of mistakes. And I have never had one single issue with my X-Carve. Not one. I’ve made and sold enough items to pay for it many times over. Thanks, Inventables, for making an awesome machine. It has allowed me to get my business off the ground. I’m pretty sure there’s an X-Carve Pro in my future.

4 Likes

Wow. Just wow!!! For “20 years of experience” dude, you really need to grow up. Your very first post is “[This is a] crap machine…I’m done with it…good luck everybody [else]”. OK, so you apparently didn’t want help, just wanted to complain to the users and not the company? You say you’re done but when people offer to help, you just say you know everything about it because of your expertise. Then people offer to buy it from you, and you say no, you want to keep your “crap”. Then you say you broke a belt. Like virtually everyone on here, I fail to see how you could break a belt under normal use when properly assembled, using default feeds and speeds on your first carve. But others take what you’re saying at face value and try and help. Then you just insult them. Like I began this post, grow up. When you’re ready to be part of this community, come back and ask constructive questions. We’ll attempt to give you constructive answers that will give you more joy with your hobby machine.

6 Likes

starting to feel the same

Hey @TimAllison
What sort of issues are your having?