Crazy wrong depths!

My X Carve tends to go .5" deep on pockets that are programmed to go .02" deep. I find I have to delete and then add the bit back from my tool box to correct. Yes, the collet is tight and it is not a custom bit. Is this just something I have to learn to live with? It’s ruining my blanks : /

Are you using the probe? Have you calibrated your machine?

1 Like

When you set it up did you put in the right acme screw?

1 Like

No something is definitely not playing along.
If you jog 1" is the travel also 1"

Did you check you are in inches vs mm? That’s about the ratio of of difference.

2 Likes

Good catch, seems very plausible!

1 Like

I think he’d see the opposite problem. Along with all sorts of other scaling issues.
Sounds like a zeroing issue or a mechanical issue.
We’ll need more info

1 Like

You may be right, but it’s a 2 second check and I’ve done that with terrible consequences.

1 Like

Yes travel and jog are accurate. That’s what’s crazy about it. If I delete the bit from my toolbox and then add it back, it’s accurate on the next cut. This only happens at .02 depth on large, simple shapes (planing) all of my other carves go to plan. The shapes are Easel’s standard, and have their own workspace. Thanks for your help :+1:

I feel its a software issue. Travel and jog are accurate. That’s what’s crazy about it. If I delete the bit from my toolbox and then add it back, it’s accurate on the next cut. This only happens at .02 depth on large, simple shapes (planing) all of my other carves go to plan. The shapes are Easel’s standard, and have their own workspace. Thanks for your help :+1:

Thanks for the response! I have been using my X Carve for about a year and this issue just started happening in the last few weeks.

1 Like

Yes sir!

these are the jobs that tend to go bad when planing. Right now my solution on deleting the Xcarve bit and the adding it back seems to be working. I also run the job without a bit to make sure…

Is it repeatable to the point that you could generate bad gcode and good gcode from the same Easel project? Or show the steps to recreate the issue in a video?

The event is totally random. However, I will try to replicate… Thanks for your help!

1 Like