Create an SVG file in Adobe Illustrator that works

Howdy… I am trying to create an SVG file in illustrator. I created the file went to save it as an SVG… And was not able to make one that works with the X card. Can anyone give me a heads up on how to save the file and illustrator as an SVG file that will work with X carv howdy… I am trying to create an SVG file in illustrator. I created the file went to save it as an SVG… And was not able to make one that works with the X carve. Can anyone give me a heads up on how to save the file in illustrator as an SVG file that will work with ex carve pro

can you post the file?

Some guidelines which may help:

• no embedded pixel images
  • minimize overlapping paths
  • avoid intersecting paths — use Boolean operations to create the desired appearance
  • expand all effects
  • close all paths which should be closed (Illustrator can fill unclosed paths)
  • view in outline mode for a preview of what the application will be importing
1 Like

Did you ever find the "How To? I have not been able to take an AI in Illustrator then save a SVG in Illustrator then import into easel.

In inkscape you need to delete your original image out of inkscape before you can save your new file. Not sure if AI works the same way.

1 Like

Since we are on the topic of SVG, I switched from Corel Draw to Affinity Designer for all my vector 2D drawings. If I created a box say 6 inches X 6 inches when I import the SVG file into Easel I get a box that is approx. 1 inch X 1 inch. I have been experimenting with exporting the SVG at various resolutions but I keep getting the same sized box.

Thanks