Current shipping time

On top of that, we are all past the 4 week deadline for shipping and this is the first communication that was sent letting us know it will not be shipped. That is very frustrating, but what is most frustrating is that customer service told me just a day ago that it should ship this week.

Not sure how they’ll ever get to next day shipping if they can’t control their supply line any better. I thought for a moment about pre-ordering the X-Carve when it was first announced, but was busy then and knew my patience wasn’t ideal for a long wait before they shipped. Free for the summer (a college professor) I saw they were now taking orders (not pre-orders) and thought an X-Carve would be a good summer project. I wasn’t happy when 3-4 weeks turned out to be time they were using up to fill all those pre-orders. 30 days out and now this. Throw in problems with spindles quitting, trouble connecting, , and cable interference showing up on ones they have delivered. Regrets forming…

Has anyone attempted to get a refund? I was looking forward to some summer/end of summer projects, i don’t see that happening. I jumped on the X Carve because the price seemed to be well worth the product but there are other alternatives for more money and i was going to spend 3K on another machine, i might just end up going that route.

Seriously thinking about it. One more straw should do it.

I just bought a nice lathe so it has been keeping me occupied (Nova DVR 2024), if this was not the case i would have purchased a different machine. I just think they sent out all those free machine and got a bunch of publicity from YT channels and they weren’t ready for the large amount of orders.

1 Like

I ordered my X-Carve on May 30th. Several large pieces already shipped as described in Phil Lomac’s email last week regarding supplier delays. Just now, I received another shipment notification that most, if not all of the core components shipped today (Monday June 29th). Fingers crossed that it’s everything I need to get the X-Carve assembled. Assuming everything’s in todays shipment, Inventables is still about 4 weeks out.

I’m looking forward to assembly and test runs sometime next week :smile:

Yours in Making,
Sean O

The customs delay turned out to be shorter than we were told. We sent that email and then the parts arrived.

Today we are shipping X-Carve orders through 6/1/15 there will be a couple 6/2 orders that were placed in the very early morning. Just like on Friday the process is the packages will go out but you may not get the tracking number because we are doing them in batch uploads and when we do it that way we can ship faster but it does not trigger the email that sends you the tracking number.

Our software engineering team then takes that file and runs a little script to associate the tracking number with the order. They were able to process a few batches so most people got tracking numbers.

More good news is we will be able to ship more later this week.

Thanks for the update!

@AaronJones as of Friday July 3rd we are shipped up through June 10th.

@Zach_Kaplan I’m sure you can’t share, but it would be fascinating to see all sorts of sales stats. Total X-Carves sold since launch, sales growth (units per day each day over time, maybe a 7-day rolling average to smooth out regularly slow days), number of orders filled each day, geographic heat map of sales worldwide, and specifically US states, etc.

Is there anything you can share?

!0 June…missed it by 1 day…lol

@Zach_Kaplan - any chance of a new shipping update?

I order mine yesterday and im one of those that dont have patience. Thats why I almost didn’t order it cause 4 weeks is a long time for me . I hope is worth the wait.

Its worth the wait! You’ll have lots of fun with it!

And to my surprise, this post is months old now and you’ve probably already got it making awesome stuff!

lol