Curved bowl cut out in wood

I need to carve an round bowl like indent into a piece of wood but I would like to give it the dimensions x,y,z and let the cnc do the work. its there a way I can use easel to do this?

Joe

Does something like this work or help point you in the right direction? If I recall correctly, I used the Super Gradient Generator app to produce this. You would need to finish the inside of the bowl by sanding it to remove the small ridges produced.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

perhaps not the outside carve but the inner bowl carve - any chance of getting that? can i modify the width and depth?

1 Like

Brandon pointed you in the right direction, this App is very simple to use (Super Gradient Generator app) under the Lego icon.
if you like him to do your project, I think you should at least show him some sort of gratitude.

I can definitely provide you with the bowl cutout by itself and provide a step-by-step process for how I would do it. What is the width and depth that you would like?

Brandon Parker

1 Like

its perfect. I am very grateful for it and I am currently milling a 1.7800 slab so typing as I cough from the dust (silly - alw Never thought ays meant to bo the cnc up) never thought you’d get something to me so quick. I have these trays that a potter friend of mine wants to put like dipping bowls in a depression so that they stay steady. the width and depth will obviously vary so is it possible to enter those when you use the app? I figure the whole forum will benefit from it. Again thank you. I make resin river tables so carving is not my forte so any step by step process would be a huge bonus. thank you again

Basically, all you need to do is add a circle, change its depth to the desired depth, and then, use the app.

Here is an 8" circle that I turned into a bowl shape. The settings are shown in the image.

Here is what it looks like…

Brandon Parker

Genius!!!
Ill do that

and the app is able to be downloaded and add into my easel set of apps?

The app Brandon used is in the list of Apps within Easel.
Select the Lego button and search “super gradient generator” :+1:

great - we can close this. can i close it?

1 Like