Custom sea themed bathroom kick board

lol i think the first 2 pictures are better of the drain. take away the drain and it looks great phil. nice detail for a kick board.

@PhilJohnson

it looks like there is alot of detail missing in the carving?

was it designed that way or was it just a limitation on the tools used?

cool idea though

with all that detail, i’d use it as a chair rail instead

That’s awesome. Custom trim is one of the things I’ve been wanting to do for some time. Did you do this in VCarve or model outside and import it for the tool paths?

1 Like

i like it. looks great.

1 Like

Wow! That stain made it POP! Well done!

1 Like

this-is-my-otter-shirt

2 Likes

That looks pretty awesome. how many feet of it do you need to make?

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

How long does each piece take to carve? Looks like a 1/8 or 1/16th inch ball nose.

Incredible Phil! I need to hurry up and get vcarve and some tapered ball end mills!

1 Like

Very Nice. What did you use as a source for the art? How did you get the 3Dto come out so perfectly?

Phil, that is just “too cool”, I’m remodeling the bathroom in my Bay front home and may barrow your idea.

1 Like

So here I thought that your machine was the monster, but in fact your slowly rebuilding your entire house with pieces that have been carved with your CNC. I can only imagine how many more modifications you have don’t to your house since then. Most people have a few pictures to share of their work, Phil just has you walk through his house…lol amazing detail and work. But then again i always expect the amazing from you phil

2 Likes