Cut depths progressively getting worse

I’m not quite sure what I am doing wrong but after I leveled the wasteboard my cut depth seemed to have improved but noticed it still wasn’t what I was hoping for so I tightened the belts and now it’s worse, the belts seems a bit loose so I tightened them just a bit, I may have over tightened them and this is why I’m getting this result? I’m at a loss at the moment. I’m using a 1/4" double flute straight bit on pvc material which before has yielded great results, a nice flat surface, not so much anymore. Also I may be thinking I may have not properly resurfaced the wasteboard correctly and I may have to upgrade to the new wasteboard, are there any videos or instructions on how to upgrade from the old to the new one?.

1 Like

Looks more like you need to tram the z axes. Looks like it may not be square to the waste board.

1 Like

For future reference on any other upgrades… Inventables places the official installation instructions in each listing, so by going over to the modular wasteboard listing in the shop, you’ll find this instruction :slight_smile:

I think one of the last videos I left on the other thread was exactly what Wayne touched on there… Tram could be off…

I could see those issues also occurring on a large workpiece that is floating above the wasteboard (bowed up) and as the cnc presses down the workpiece is trying to push itself up, and that can also cause inconsistencies in the carve. So maybe also try applying some double sided tape to the center and/or test using a small workpiece before going large, as a comparison because the workpiece would be more rigid with 4 corner clamps as a smaller workpiece than the same material spanning 36" wide & tall…

I would try some sided tape of your choice or ca glue and painter tape to hold down in the stock in middle. also try reducing the step over some.

3M Genuine 1/2" (12mm) x 15 Ft VHB Double Sided Foam Adhesive Tape 5952 Grey Automotive Mounting Very High Bond Strong Industrial Grade

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.