Cutting width

I’m new to X-Carve. Trying my first project. File was exported from Illustrator as an SVG file. My lines are cutting double wide-two passes. Is that an Easel setting or an Illustrator setting before I save and export that file.
Thanks!

I haven’t had many problems with Illustrator and Easel, or at least any that sound like what you’re having. Can you post your .svg file here so we can look at it?

Here is my file. Thanks for your willingness to help Mike.

Greg

Hi @GregMolinaro,

Looks like you have a few problems with this file. All of the holes in the horses are using clipping masks for some reason. You’ll need to release and delete those.

Also, the shapes look like at some point they had a stroke applied and then after that the stroke was outlined. This created a horse shaped vector inside another horse shaped vector and so on. This probably explains why you are getting double cuts.

Finally, you have pretty complex vectors for holes… there is a blue ring around each one and multiple vectors for each hole. These will need to be simplified.

I’ve gone through and cleaned up this file. See if it imports properly for you now:

1 Like

Wow sketch42, thank you so much. I was wondering how to download the new file from here?

Greg

1 Like

Right click and “save as”.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I am fascinated by your ability to do this. I suppose it is just a matter of know-how. Do you by chance have a youtube video link that can teach me?
Thanks!
Greg