Dead Dewalt Router

I had the exact same thing happen to me in about same time. I ordered four sets on Amazon for $30 and had them in two days. I was told the brushes only last about 150 hours if you are on #1 setting. Less if using higher settings.

Hey, a little late to the party, but I have had the same issue. About 6 months in, my Dewalt spindle went out and left me with several projects unfinished and customers waiting. I was able to find one at Lowes to keep me in business though.

I reached out to Inventables and they said their Dewalt rep told them to refer me to Dewalt warranty services. I called Dewalt at 1-800-433-9258. Because it was still under the 1-year warranty, they sent me a UPS prepaid shipping label to have it shipped to the nearest service center. About 2 weeks after mailing it out, I received a brand new one in the mail at no cost to me. So now I have one I’m using and one for backup.

I have had to do this about every 6-8 months. Dewalt continues to honor its warranty. I think I am on my 6th spindle now, which have all been covered under the warranty.

My local Lowes has 9 of these in stock this morning. I’m going to go grab a couple. Who thought Dewalt routers were gonna be like ammo? HA

1 Like

Saved myself a trip. For anyone still looking, Amazon has them back in stock.

Has anyone had the Dewalt 611 router stop working and yes I have replaced the brushes…I purchased mine X-Carve from a friend who purchased it from the original owner. The connections are all wired and screwed terminals. The original owner put a Super-PID to controll the speed of the router. Does anyone have experience with the Super-PID2? Do your systems use the Dewalt 611 router and is it a manual plug in before starting the G-code? Thanks for any feedback - Randy

The only suggestion I have is to eliminate everything. Test one item at a time. Separate the router and plug it in directly to a power source and see if it works. Work from the router backwards to find the problem

1 Like

I’ve had my dewalt router for 5 years now and have charged the brushes several times and have had good luck with just changing them out. The only drawbacks is that you have to start the project over again making a three hour carve turning into maybe a 5 hour carve.

I have been pretty disappointed with all of my DeWalt tools. For being a big name in tools, their quality and longevity is poor. My first 611 router lasted 5 weeks. My second was brand new, I cracked the seal on the box myself, and it lasted 3 weeks. I now have three of them, and keep brushes on hand to repair them myself.