Depths inconsistant

Hey everybody, I have issues with the depth of my projects not being as deep as i go to the right and up. if i stay small and keep everything at the bottom left hand corner, or home i guess, im fine. and its kind of inconstant doesnt always happen. Ive checked level everywhere, thought maybe the wood want truely flat but im not 100 % sure whats going on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. also let me know if thats too vague.

1 Like

You might find that your waste board wasn’t seated correctly when you first installed it. I had trouble with mine, and had to unscrew and re-attach it, then relevel the bed again. It stunk because my bed is a lot lower than it should need to be for a new bed.

Luckily that was my two 2x4 panels, I haven’t actually installed the 4 2x2 panels with the T slot yet.

1 Like

Thank you for the response, ill check that out. How did you realize that was the problem?

1 Like

I don’t remember, to be honest, it was a while ago. I think that I could tell that I took a noticeably uneven amount off the surface when flattening the wasteboard. They were pretty hard to put on in the first place, I realized later I should have started with the screws in the center and worked my way out, because there was a very slight offset between the threaded holes and the wasteboard when going all the way from one side to the other.

1 Like

Have you Surfaced the Wasteboard?
This is a commonly overlooked requirement and is now included in the “calibration and maintenance” section of the assembly guide…

1 Like

Thank you. Do i go through the whole set up again?

No, you’d not need to do the machine setup again. Surfacing the wasteboard would only effect the placement of the workpiece and the Z zeroing at the start of each carve.

Hello, Ive been too busy to get on here but the weekend is here. So cn you point me in the direction as to surfacing?

1 Like

Hey man, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and that video. I surfaced my waste board this morning and am carving something right now and seems to be going great. Ill have to do a couple projects to really see but either way I learned a lot. Much appreciated!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.