Design Ideas?

I have made a 36" x 24" acrylic sign. I will be mounting it to a wall via 1" offsets. My question thought I would ask is, I would like to light this sign but, being that it is offset from the wall, I’m really not sure how to go about lighting it. I know they sell “lighted” offsets and in hindsight I should have bought those. Now I’m faced with this sign that I am ready to hang with a last-second decision to light it. I was going to get a wood piece and light it how it is done in the standing sign carves that I have seen on this forum. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance and God bless !

Thanks Phil, Now all I need is the exact file used for your carve. Bits used, Time allotted, Cups of coffee consumed, Feeds and Speeds ect… I’m kidding. I did notice (I think) that you placed the led strip against the face of the acrylic instead of the end. Any reason for this? I was going to place on the edge. Does it matter if I flame polish the edge before hand.

1 Like

I’m doing a simple sign, Schools name. One line. I have some 1/8" acrylic. The sign will only be able to be viewed from the front. What is the biggest difference between 1/8 and 1/4 acrylic when lit?

Thanks Phil !!