Developing my own macros and jog system

Hi,

I’m developing my own macro sender application. I need it to zero out my X and Y axis using an endoscope camera.

I have already made a prototype for testing, so I know it will work. I love the combination of Easel as G-Code sender + Inventables Z-Prope + Fusion360. I don’t want to use UGCS every time I need to send some macros (stopping and starting EaselLocal service to free up the com-port).

This is my feature list:

• Developed in C# and placed on GitHub as opensource
  • Talks directly with EaselLocal service using socket.io communication without change any code i EaselLocal
  • 20 or more user defined macros
  • All macros can be assigned a hotkey, that will work even when the application don’t have focus
  • One hotkey will activate/deactivate the application and put a visual indicator on the screen. This is to eliminate any macros during carving by accident.
  • Later (when macros is implemented), I will add a camera viewer (instead of AMCap).

That means that I can use a hotkey to move x/y offset after my camera is on my zero point. I will also be able to make G-Code macros that:

• Move X +/- 1mm
  • Move X +/- 0.1mm
  • Move Y +/- 1mm
  • Move Y +/- 0.1mm
  • Move Z +/- 1mm
  • Move Z +/- 0.1mm

Assigning numpad hotkeys will make it easy to jog without going through the “Carve” button in Easel. I need that to move my camera. It also means that any jog pendant that works as a keyboard can be used.

Now here is my question. Am I allowed to communicate directly with the EaselLocal NodeJS server (asking the Inventables staff) or do I break some kind of copyright’ish thing?