3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice, that tree in the top right corner seems popular, I had a order for one this weekend in a corian cutting board.

I really like the panda one, but they all look great

Tried some cherry stain. Pretty happy with the results. Next steps. Shelac, paint with black, wipe with mineral spirits.

3 Likes

Need advice. Should I paint the carving black or just leave it as is

2 Likes

I like the mushroom sign. It is getting close to that time.

I think leave it, the black may make it look “generic” as opposed to having the color variations with the wood.

1 Like

Good point. You are right. So what do we think about the retirement plaques. It would save me a lot of work to just call them done. But I am thinking it needs some contrast black letters to make it pop and try and clean up some of the chipped out small letters.

Honestly, Im a raw wood guy but as far as the plaques go I would try to get some color going on simply because those are to be read. Some black stain would look good, not to obtrusive but still gives the contrast for all the words and artwork. Definitely would give tiny details a little pop.

Maxx dang i loved that comic… I painted a 4 foot tall one a long time ago

i say leave it… looks good

1 Like

Probably the last one of these I will ever do. My last and probably greatest mentor is retiring this x mas This time its real solid oak with golden oak stain.

2 Likes

I have learned. Harder wood (oak) plus sharp bit (30deg v bit) equals better detail with no chip/tare out.

2 Likes