DeWalt 611 Non-destruct Automatic Spindle Control

Yes.

1 Like

@LarryM and @PhilJohnson got the new circuit board today and everything is working like it should! Thank you both for helping me out! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello, I a new member just got my machine and was wandering what would be the european version of the system you proposed. I have been google for a wile and I dont see a direct solution. Can someone help me out?

you wouldnā€™t happen to have a pic of that layout? I just bought both items to install this weekend.

is this relay something that is compatible with the x-controller?

Donā€™t Jump on it by looking to new advertisement. That is the same relay box out for couple of years. Itā€™s not four outlet relayed. Two connected to mechanical relays, other two direct power.
I jumped on it and buy one. Failed to turn on Dewalt twice in same day.
Iā€™d rather using Solid State Relay for every count.
Also you can check apps, it doesnā€™t tell you can connect power hungry router.
In My opinion.

I know, that must be my luck. Just didnā€™t work well.

1 Like

Looks as if digital loggers is upgrading the IOTrelay features, they state new design should be out in a couple of weeks

1 Like

From the Digital Logger page:

Weā€™re building new version 2 units including new features based on customer feedback. Weā€™ll shipping in just a few weeks. Feel free to call (408) 330-5599. Youā€™ll be first in line when the new relays are ready. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

I messaged them a few months ago and they never replied. That line has been on their site for literally months.

1 Like

You have something in mind?

Hey Phil, I just got my new XCarve. Is there any new update on what I need to purchase to control my 611 automatically

I bought this, then converted it into a far more useful setup. It ports directly outside after using a Thein baffle to eliminate 99% of waste into a mounted trash can. Then I piped out my whole garage with access. :smiley: I bought a remote switch too, which makes it awesome.

1 Like

Help! Iā€™ve read this thread, and tried out what I understand, but am still having difficulty. When I switch the toggle switch to on, I get the spindle on. When I have it switched to logic, I get nothing. Iā€™ve checked my yellow and black wires and they go to pin 11 (yellow) and gnd (black). I checked where they plug in and they seem snug and correctly placed. I kept reading about setting my rpm higher but I canā€™t find where to do that. Iā€™m assuming one of the updates changed how that is done since '16.

You talk about checking voltage but frankly Iā€™m an idiot when it comes to that. If you need me to do that please include pictures and instructions a third grader could follow. I am a veterinarian so Iā€™m not an idiot, well when it comes to most things Iā€™m not, but when it comes to GRBL and Gcode, you may as well be speaking Latin and electrical talk is a close second on my ignorance meter.

Iā€™ve gotten some really good help on here before and I appreciate your patience with me. Thanks for explaining the routine and simple for you, to me, again.

This indicates that your wiring is most likely ok.

Since you only get On/Off (not spindle speed) with the DeWalt, in order to make the DeWalt turn on correctly you have to select a spindle rpm such that you get a continuous full cycle from the D11 pin.

This is done by selecting an rpm that is equal to or greater than the maximum spindle speed set up in grbl. You control the spindle by using M3 and M5 G-code commands along with setting the spindle rpm with the S Word.

What software are you using to send your G-code to the Arduino?

1 Like

I only use easel at this time.

Depending on the voltage some gloves, long leather ones, will be very handy as well. Claws tend to leave a mark.

1 Like

In Easel, go to machine inspector -> advanced and play around with that page. I donā€™t use Easel, but I believe that you have direct access to grbl on that screen.

Figure out how to obtain the grbl parameters and post yours here. It should look something like this.
Default_X_Carve_Grbl_Parameters.txt (1.0 KB)

I finally found it. Here is what it says. What Iā€™ve got.txt (342 Bytes)

Those parameters are ok so you must have a setup issue in Easel. Some where during setup it should have asked you what spindle you have.

You can check the functionality by going back to the advanced machine inspector screen and there should be a field to enter commands.

With the switch on the power supply board in the ā€œlogicā€ position and the switch on your DeWalt on

enter the command M3 S1 and that should turn the DeWalt on.
enter the command M5 and that should turn the DeWalt off.

If this works then itā€™s definitely an Easel setup problem that you canā€™t turn it on and off with Easel.