Dewalt 611 replacement parts

@clyde can you post a pic of your machine? im thinking about a similar setup with mach3

Sorry-I can’t answer that on account that I got about five flags for being of topic.

id be happy for a new topic with pics of your awesome machine… that way no flags!

Excuse me, Only FOUR flags for being off topic.

Someday.

In the darkness, he waits…

1 Like

to the one flagging these post on my thread

1 Like

Anyone in Canada have any luck sourcing the replacement brushes locally?

Really struggling to get the brushes in Canada

I think these routers are not intended to be CNC spindles. They are designed for using a few minutes at time for small routing projects, and not used hours at a time spinning. My brushes just wore down after 6 months of light use. I have cut some large projects though that took several hours to cut. If these are continues to be used, I guess I am going to keep a set of brushes on spare.

It is going to take up to 10 days to get new brushes from Amazon. I decided to make my own brushes though. I found a local store that sold graphite rods. I bout a 12 inch, 1/2 inch diameter rod, and used my Dremel to grind a few inches down to the same size as the brushes. I recycled the connectors from the old brushes and drill a small hole in my homemade brushes, and used Gorilla Glue to hold it all together. I am letting it dry overnight. I will post the results later.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X1LF708?ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00&redirect=true&psc=1&pldnSite=1

Homemade brushes work great! after about 1 minute of spinning, it quit sparking and started running very smoothly.

Hello. I have the 240v UK version of the dewalt 611 router. Can I put the same brushes being sold in Amazon to my unit? Thanks.

Not saying they use the same brush but i have only ever seen one part number

The motor itself is DC, AC input dont affect the brushes.

Looking into this myself at the moment - the part number for those brushes (the Amazon ones) lists them as BRUSH 120V
There is another part number that’s just BRUSH - so I think those maybe the UK / EU version, rather than the 120V ones?

Basing it off this - DeWalt Genuine Spare Parts D26200K Compact Router - Type 1 | eBay

I’ve just sent a message to the ebay vendor to check which brushes we need for the UK version - will update when I get a response

Response:

Hi there,

you will need A28459 x 2 theses are UK parts Dewalt just have a weird part number on them.

Kind regards Jamie
Power Tool Centre Ltd.

Which are the ones labelled BRUSH in the ebay link above - the Amazon.com ones are the US version BRUSH 120V

Thanks to all of your replies.