Do. Or do not. There is no try

@FatKatOne if its too big you can upload it here, I’d be glad to host it:

https://atumvirt.sharefile.com/r-rd0d1f9becb141d09

1 Like

Just get a link to upload files not download. Is something wrong with the link?

@StacyBoncheff That link was in case FatKatOne could not upload the file to this thread, due to size limitations.

I’ll try after work

2 Likes

Im uploading it now, we should start a stl sharing thread…

Ok Preston, i uploaded it.

Thanks - were you able to do the GCODE with the bits like we discussed as well? I don’t have a program to create a 3d carve from the STL myself.

Bahaha, I suppose I forgot the share link. I was too excited ordering PicEngrave and Picsender, watching this badboy pop out https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/2/27314c13ec709d4facc0fd35a8c49d7dd5f2d0c3.jpg

Here’s the shared file! ShareFile

2 Likes

I need the specs on your tapered ball nose and v bit then I can generate the g code, and material dimensions and roughly what size you want it.

Ummmm, yeah…

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you think we can take X-Carve to Jail. :flushed:

V-Bits
Part number: EGR1250-030
Tip Angle 30 degrees
Shank Size 0.125"
Overall Length 1.5"
Flutes 2

Part number: 2002-2500.060A1
Tip Angle 60 degrees
Shank Size 0.250"
Overall Length 2.5"
Flutes 2

Part number: 2002.1250.090
Tip Angle 90 degrees
Shank Size 0.125"
Overall Length 1.5"
Flutes 2

Ball end
Part number: 1625-1250.375
diameter 0.125"
Shank Size 0.125"
Length of cut 0.375"
Overall Length 1.5"
Flutes 2

I’d love to glue up a couple of 6" boards I have to make a panel…but I don’t know what it is (pics here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet). Looking at that, ~9" wide x height would be fine. Material would be ~11.75 wide x L x 7/8"

I for one would not be uploading any copyrighted,paid for content. That could be a one way ticket to legal hell. But for free original content, freely shared, this could be a good thing.

1 Like

pretty sure if i payed for it, i can "give " it to whoever I want but if i sell it thats a whole other thing… that would be like telling me i could go buy a clothing pattern at the cloth store use it once then give it to my neighbor right?

Really depends on the license. If there were no license terms on the purchase, then who knows…generally not for sale would, in my mind, be fair game. but I’m no lawyer :o

If you do have license terms that permit sharing or need to be included, I’ll be glad to package them wtih the STL or remove it from the share. Just let me know.

:edit: Also, regardless of the STL license, I’m fairly certain the GCODE generated would be wholly owned by YOU, since you created it. That being said, I am definitely not a lawyer so this is not legal advice ^^

1 Like

I’m not worried about it…

Here you go
yoda.zip (2.5 MB)
heres a easel project as well. Easel - Do, or Do not
there is 4 total g code files that will work with easel

labeled with a 1-4 number

all the federates are somewhat conservative, go in order by number when you cut the zero position is bottom left top of material.

1, and 4 will use a .25" end mill 2 flute up spiral
the rough cut is set at 50 ipm and 40 ipm plunge rate 80% stepover

number 2 will use your .125" ball nose 50 ipm and 40 ipm plunge rate 10% stepover

number 3 will use your .25" v bit 60 degree,30 ipm 30 plunge 10% stepover

here is the material settings I used there is a .0625 gap below the model so that the finish pass doesn’t cut all the way through, set the cutout depth at .875 so make sure your material isn’t thinner or you will get into your waste board

2 Likes

Thanks! I can’t wait to give this a whirl!

1 Like

Finally started cutting this! nearly 50% on rough#1 !

Although I went to adjust my dust collection hose…YEEEEEEEEAOCH static. I think I need to solve that I don’t want to start a fire O_O
:edit:

doh, cursed it. Ran back down stairs with my copper wire to wrap the hose and it was just sitting there, 39%, spindle going, easel ready…nothing…boo. Didn’t hit the same x/y zero on the re-attempt…ugh. Trial by fire i guess
:edit 2:

OOOF

SuckIt down. Must have slipped or hit something…endmill ended up cutting right through it and ruining the piece :\

Can you please help me understand what is happening here? This is pass 2 – it looks like it is off by maybe 1 mm and thus the collet s bumping the edges of the material. I used the same X/Y…Does this mean I have loose belts?