Do you have to have two separate paths to cut out a milled object?

Ok so I am new to CNC still figuring out everything and working currently with Easel (because I don’t have $2,000 to spend on Aspire) anyhow I am trying to make a basic wood back massager with a curved handle and 4 spokes (two for each side) I want to connect them with a wooden dowel rod through a hole milled through each end and have a round spacer milled to keep the massage spokes from rubbing against the handle. The problem I am finding is I can’t seem to find a simple solution to milling the different depths of the spoke wheel and cutting it out at the same time. I designed it in Illustrator and save it as an svg file.

I know this may sound confusing so let me see if i can explain it with an example.

Say you have a 1/2 thick board and you want to cut a 3" wide 1/4" deep circle with a 2" wide 1/4 deep circle in the center of it. I attached a sample picture of top and side view to kind of show what i mean. So would I have to have two files to complete this? One to mill the basic shape and and another to cut it out? I noticed easel seems to only allow you to choose either fill or outline and didn’t know if it was possible to do both in one file.

Slightly off topic but I would highly recommend learning and using Fusion 360, it is free for hobbyists

Does it look like this, or does it have another hole in the middle?

another hole un the middle

off subject can you add or edit tabs manually?

Ok, so what’s the inside hole diameter? I’m going to take a guess that it’s less than 1", since you’re running dowel rod through it.

Here’s what that looks like, followed by the code to generate it in http://openscad.net (Note that the dimensions are all in millimeters)

$fn=64;

//BASE
module base() {
cylinder(h=6, r=38);
}

//TOP RING
module top() {
translate([0,0,6]) cylinder(h=6, r=25.4);
}

//HOLE TOOL
module hole() {
cylinder(h=15, r=12.5);
}

//ASSEMBLY
module assembly() {
union() {
base();
top();
}
}

//DRILLED ASSEMBLY
difference() {
assembly();
hole();
}

From there you can export the model as an STL file and generate your CAM paths in Kiri:Moto.

I think you can do it with Easel (see example project here. The trick is to create a second 3" circle that is 1/4" deep and then center a 2" circle on top of it with the cut depth set to Zero. That should create a cutting pass that removes the material on the lip and keeps it in the middle.

Is this what you had in mind?